This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
E-commerce opencart/magento or customized

Hello Everyone

We are online retailer and planning to launch new items , for which we are thinking of getting a website made. The product are very low value item and obviously we want to keep initial costs low. saying that this business will be 100% successful and only lead to more work for sure

The company we have approached has offer us customized design and their own cart software for £1000+

They arent able to help with any other carts like magento/opencartetc

our question is which option turns out to be better

1> customized coded website
2> websites based on templates for open cart/magentoetc

any suggestions will be appreciated

regards
www.Didobay.co.uk
Hi Didobay!

Building off an existing, proven platform is normally a far better choice both cost wise and functionality wise unless you require something completely out of the ordinary. With that said, £1,000 is an extortinate price and I'd urge you to shop around.

My own company, www.amazorize.com, offers eCommerce packages (Based on a choice of WooCommerce (preferred)/Magento/OpenCart) starting at just £235 for everything you need to get started so drop us a line or email me directly at adam (at) amazorize dot com (obscured so it doesn't get picked up by spam bots) if you think you might be interested.

I founded Amazorize, tweet at @adam_greenough and write down my thoughts on my blog.
I started on Joomla, tried with paypal buttons while i had simple products.
Tried integrating zencart together with joomla when products became more complex.. worked but not too nicely.
Moved to full Zencart which works nice, bit too powerful, complex and not keeping up with supplier's technology of live updates and automated orders, and the projects i throw at it whenever i get motivation and time to try them again
Woocommerce looks great, and been a fan of the way wordpress works.. though not a fan of having to pay for things like google wallet and paypal extensions after a year of coding fixes in zencart. Might change again soon if the extensions aren't too expensive
Well, the latest and the best of the best Shopping Carts available are: OsCommerce, Digistore E-commerce 4.0. It is fully based on Magento, Easy to handle and allows several payment gateways. Or otherwise, you can contact any of Reputed E-commerce Company in your town. They'll let you know with the best and the latest E-commerce solutions according to your requirements.