This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

What do you think of my business idea?

Hi,

What do you think of a side-business setting up face book fan-pages for small business. My initial idea was is we make your face-book fan-page better for marketing tailored to small businesses and individuals. With a small service like this how would I get potential customers? What would I even charge if a potential customer did contact me?

This is just an idea and yet have not done anything with it, but I am so desperate to succeed and build a small solo-business. I would be grateful if anyone could help me and provide suggestions as to how I could take this idea and make it a reality?
Guru
Its simple!

Your business is something that's already out there. But, nevertheless, if you offer competitive prices you'll soon strum up business.

In terms of finding customers. I would start off by making your own facebook page advertising yourself as a page builder.
Then I would go on to offer special discounts for businesses that have a potentially large corporate client base, in other words B2B customers and say that if you can bring a friend I'll give you both discounts (say 25%). Call it a "Pal's Profit" or something catchy like that. ]

However, be sure not to overload yourself with jobs as you'll struggle to get them all done.

I would be very interested to see your progress. Send me a private message and I'll be happy to give you further advice through that.
Hi mdabhi,
There are large corporate clients in social network like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, StumbleUpon and tumblr. You may try to using them to building your brand. It's a great way for develop small business.
Maven
Do you have any examples of pages you've set up so far? Some of my clients request me to do this for them, but it's not as simple as setting it up, placing a description and cover image- finding the right apps to install etc is also important, as well as researching the type of people who're going to be using the page and making sure that the copy you write is focused toward those individuals and their pain points. It's important to also consider how that page is going to be promoted into the future as this also affects some aspects of how you will set things up...

If you've got all of this sorted, then approaching small business individually and directly (even offline, jut walking around and talking to shop managers etc) will likely gain you some business. Make sure you work at persuading them of the benefits that a FB page could bring to their business, but don't over-promise.

Good luck!

Tweet me! @robnights
Starting Out
jolie

According to my personal experience, social media or social networking are the best tools for introducing your products in all over the world. In fact your idea is very good for bright future business. If you have good products, then try to make a blog and promote your products through this blog and also share this blog through face book link din, twitter etc.
Weldon, Good job all the above participants perform well and expose their ideas awesomely. Its clear me too, actually I was also looking for the same info so Its my goodness to have this .
Keep it up guys.
Cheer!
Well you idea is happening out there and also there are so many people who is doing it but it has a good demand as well. Not bad. Since you are planning to do it as a side business. It might be work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dildara90@yahoo.com View Post
Weldon, Good job all the above participants perform well and expose their ideas awesomely. Its clear me too, actually I was also looking for the same info so Its my goodness to have this .
Keep it up guys.
Cheer!
surfboard rental
What will add value to a business is the promotion of the Facebook Fan Page to target audiences rather than just simply creating a fantastic looking page.

If I was to pay someone to do this kind of work for me I would want to know how the page is going to drive traffic to my site and in turn bring in new customers.
Banned
It's a little late,but I think Nothing is difficult sets his mind
This is a good idea. Since social networks like Facebook and Twitter are very famous these days, I think this might work.
Starting Out
The challenge with this sort of thing is setting yourself apart from the pack. I do promotional videos for companies as well as my wedding stationery business and the difficulty I find is getting people to see why I am the best. So the best thing I can suggest is offer a service that goes wider than the typical. This requires collaborators. Have the facebook page feed into the twitter page onto the website into youtube back to the facebook page and at every point present a consistent an persistent message to the customer with more than just a good looking page. For example have a smooth elegant animation (yes I am biased toward animation) with accompanying character branding. This is just one approach but if a business can pay you to do all those things and manage their online marketing campaign which may be beyond small to medium businesses then you have a winner.

Matthew King
Founder of Mindpipe Wedding Stationery
www.mindpipeweddings.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/MindpipeWeddings
You can't earn much from Creating facebook fan pages, unless you include other services like twitter and google +.
You can share your ideas or create fan pages in popular social media sites like Facebook, twitter and StumbleUpon. Youll be recognized in no time and you can think of building it up.
It sounds like a good idea, but as mentioned by a previous poster, there are a lot of people doing it, so you will have a lot of competition and the prices you charge would have to be very competitive, that being said there is plenty of demand, and if the quality of your work is at a high standard im sure you'll do well.