This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
SEO Problems

Hi everybody,

I am having some SEO work done soon. My first designer claims he had optimised it and within weeks it should start ranking but it hasn't.

I cant even find my website if I type in Venue Shark. Does anybody have any advice on how to do some basic SEO myself as the website does not appear even if I search all the text on it!

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

Venue Shark - The new easy way to find and book social venues in Glasgow

www.venueshark.co.uk

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VenueShark
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VenueShark
The reason your website isn't ranking in Google is because Venue Shark as far as I can see is only written once on your homepage. http://www.venueshark.co.uk/

Try and squeeze as many uses of the word Venue Shark as you can across the site without making it sound spammy. :-)

I founded Amazorize, tweet at @adam_greenough and write down my thoughts on my blog.
Hey,

I think if you get the person who designed your website (if they used HTML and CSS) to put key words in the header section of your website coding so when those key words are typed into google, your website will have more of a chance of showing up. I havnt done html in ages but i'm sure thats what the header can be used for.

Hope that helps.
Entrepreneur
Here's a quick analysis:

Your site is not indexing in Google. check this site:venueshark.co.uk.

Having no meta description and meta keywords.

You need to change this. <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />.

Moreover, site not having XML site map too. Fix all of them if you want to get index in Google.

If you need any expertise, let me know.
For getting better results you should have your website designed on Wordpress platform as there are many good SEO plugins that will boost your site's rankings in search engines. Also the content of your site should include your target keywords for which you are aiming to rank high in SERPS.

If you are not using Wordpress then focus on your target keywords, plus get good quality backlinks to your site, preferably from high PR sites in your niche.

Do some article marketing plus some basic social marketing.
Thanks for the advice,

My website is designed on Wordpress - I have not used any of the plugins do you recommend them?

Thanks
Maven
All the advice above is great, but you also have to remember that it can take time for google to pick up new sites. Keep commenting on blog articles- relevant, useful comments though (with links back to your site), post on forums with a signature link, try and get other websites to link to you. Given some time, Google will find one of these links, come across your site and index it., though it can take weeks for Google to head over to your site again to record your updated metadata etc...

Tweet me! @robnights
Though various suggestions are provided here with nice skills and hope your problem has been removed till now but if it is not so then optimized your site with help of on page optimization you will find the seven steps if you perform search on google then submit your site to search engine the main thing with your site that it should be indexed if it is not indexed then do some book marking of your site url and then surely you will get the solution.
Check keyword density and title tags of your web site.
Choose some keywords with low competition and include them on your web sites meta tag. Start building links with those keywords then it will start to rank.
If your onpage has been complete try to do some social media including Facebook and twitter in them.
Connector
You should get a google webmaster account and verify your website on there. It's a very useful tool for overviewing your SEO.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/
My driving lessons website
UK Driving Theory Test iPhone App
My Theory Test & Hazard Perception App
Facebook | The Learner Driver Blog
I advice you to carefully analyse your website according to search engine rules. You website can get high PR and good Alexa rank until you not follow the rules of Google. Create SEO freindly strcuture of your website and do Off page optimization with high quality keywords.
Keep commenting on blog articles- relevant, useful comments though (with links back to your site), post on forums with a signature link, try and get other websites to link to you.
If you think you have done the on page process successfully go ahead with some off page techniques such as Guest blogging, forum posting and social media techniques.