This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Help on naming business

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm hoping that you can help.

After being unemployed for the last 5 years due to serious illness I am now looking to get bad to work, this has been rather hard as of the gap in my employment. Now I am going to go at it alone like I used to and have decided to start a recruitment agency (perms only), based in the North West. I will recruit for what I know Call Centre/Contact Centre Staff and Sales, I'm rather stuck on the name to call this new venture and was hoping some of you guys could help?

A few name I have thought about are:

Callstaff4u
CallTech
Staff Call

I'm trying to stay away from using the word "Recruitment" as soon as you say i'm calling from xyz recruitment the contact turns off or says we don't use agencies. So if I can get a name that doesn't give away what I am offering until I have been through my pitch then at least the contact has heard what I have to offer ( I may be worng)!

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Simon
Don't hang around too long on the name. I prefer CallTech out of the ones you've listed but seriously just pick one and go with it. When you're starting off the name of your business can seem like the biggest and most important challenge but believe me when I say there's going to be much bigger hurdles that you're going to need to spend more time on.

Best of luck and keep us posted! :-)
Hi Simon,

I also like the name CallTech out of all of them.

Have you thought about enterprise programmes that might be able to help?

Depending on your age, there is of course the Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards (http://www.shell-livewire.org/awards/), or the Prince's Trust also support young entrepreneurs who have been out of employment:
http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/abou...programme.aspx

Then, there the New Enterprise Allowance from Jobseekers:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ices/DG_198864

Best of luck!
I prefer CallTech too, and I think it's always good to have a business name start with a letter at the beginning of the alphabet. In certain situations where company names are listed (like exhibitor lists at trade shows) it's often in alphabetical order so you are more likely to get exposed.
Ohh and I would check if the name is trademarked already (if you haven't done so) before making any decisions since otherwise you may be forced to change it. You can check through this site http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm.htm.
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies I have gone with Calltech as after doing a few searches this name is free and no trademark. I was thinking I could also use the name of salestech (for sales recruitment), but that is something for the future to look into as hopefully the business grows.

I've started on the website already and to save on cost used a domain name I had that is relevant to the business as I'm based in Bury, Lancashire i've used "recruitmentagenciesinbury" (not posted the extension so i'm not breaking any rules). Which hopefully will assist with search engines of course seo plays a part too.

I will keep you all posted on how things go forward, again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Simon
Maven
Good choice with the name.

Good luck!!

Venue Shark - The new easy way to find and book social venues in Glasgow

www.venueshark.co.uk

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VenueShark
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VenueShark
Entrepreneur
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonclark32 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies I have gone with Calltech as after doing a few searches this name is free and no trademark. I was thinking I could also use the name of salestech (for sales recruitment), but that is something for the future to look into as hopefully the business grows.

I've started on the website already and to save on cost used a domain name I had that is relevant to the business as I'm based in Bury, Lancashire i've used "recruitmentagenciesinbury" (not posted the extension so i'm not breaking any rules). Which hopefully will assist with search engines of course seo plays a part too.

I will keep you all posted on how things go forward, again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Simon
Great choice sounds so elegant..
Starting Out
good choice indeed. good luck with your business!
Starting Out
I'd recommend you still buy a URL that represents the brand and re-point the recruitmentagenciesinbury to it. It'll help with consistency - otherwise you'll have a fragmented marketing message. For example, our company URL is 3ManFactory. Our Twitter name is 3ManFactory. Our Pinterest is 3ManFactory. Whatever the platform, you're likely to find us under that name - you might have a difficult time if you have different IDs for different platforms.

Creative Director @ 3ManFactory

Web Design || Graphic Design || Social Media || Marketing and PR

Find me loitering on: Twitter || LinkedIn || Facebook
Connector
The 3 choices you've given sounds good. Well, goodluck on your business.
employment agency

You should take a look at the Business Opportunity Profile (BOP) on setting up a Recruitment Agency. It should contain some info that you will find of use.
dougleschan.com
writing some inspirational articles perhaps

Hi Guys,

CallTech sounds good, best of luck!