This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Can anyone offer advice?

Hello,

I am launching an agency/directory/wedding planning business this will be national, starting big.

Suppliers who come on board will advertise in the glossy directory and online aswell as many other benefits.

This is different from the average local magazines because we will be offering a much more personal service to the suppliers, more like an agency including photography and write up in a catalogue that the wedding planners will use to show prospective brides etc, constant contact, as we will use them all time. Full advertising at wedding fayres/public charity events etc and we will promote OUR company name as wedding/event designers through a large advertising plan to include TV, Radio, Glossy wedding publications/newspapers etc.

I was wondering however - would you as a small company come on board if:

- we offer a money back guarantee at the end of the year if sales targets are not met? what would a good return be to give us both a good deal? what return would you expect on your advertising fee?

- what would you say is a reasonable rate to charge for a year? Bearing in mind it is so much more than a directory but more an agency where we only promote 4 companies in each categories per area.

- What else would you, if one of the suppliers, want to get out of it? ie. I was thinking of offering a stall at a wedding fayre once a year also.

- I will not be calling these potential suppliers but visiting them in person - a friendly approach as we mean to go on, what else would you want to know about us and where your money is going if we approached you?

Thanks in advance,

Nicola
Maven
Lots of you have looked at this thread but no comments?? Do you not advertise at all and have thoughts on what you would look for in advertising? x
Hi im fairly new and just need some ad