This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Valuing Shares

I am 1 of 2 directors for a newly formed company which is a Private Limited Company limited by shares .. we have already started trading but are not yet in profit..
We need to gain more capitol investment and I want to look at selling shares for a equity %. how do I value the shares in the company?
Connector
I would highly recommend you pass this to your accountant, unless you have regularly updated accounts available
Equally, as a private Limited company you need to be careful how you go about selling / issuing these shares

I will assume the current shares are £1 each
If you end up selling portions of these, this will dilute their face value, unless the current owners purchase more shares prior to the sale to the third party

My company went from two £1 shares up to several thousand shares before we started selling these split down into £0.01 shares

Tags
private limited company, selling, shares