This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Recruitment?

Does anyone know anything about running a recruitment agency? I'm trying to find out if you have to have a company's permission to advertise a position at their company through your agency (which is advertised in many other places) without permission. Obviously it would mean no fee if a candidate was placed, but as food for thought.. ?

e-mail: alex@uni-trader.co.uk
Entrepreneur
Why would you want to get them a candidate for nothing?

I don't think you will need permission as such as long as you are using your own contact details. The company may be quite specific about where they want to advertise a role, so they may object to you copying the ad exactly.

If you were to re-word it slightly and just use the process for gaining a pool of prospective candidates there is nothing wrong with that at all.

A vacancy may be advertised in several places, but it is usually overseen by one agency who will manage the whole recruitment process.

If they are not using an agent to fill the position then they may be reluctant to speak with you - recruitment agents do have a bit of a reputation

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please ask I'm in the process of setting up something similar.
Maven
Deceitful?

I guess you are hoping to use the vacancies to entice more/better quality job seekers to register with you. I think it is deceitful to advertise vacancies you are not involved with filling.

This is no different to the issue a few years ago of travel agents putting fake special offers and no-longer available holidays in their windows to entice people inside.
Maven
There is a difference between advertising specific vacancies deceitfully and advertising in a generic way for say 'Accounts Assistants needed'.

I don't understand why you want to do this? How would your business benefit anyway?
Maven
Re: Deceitful?

Quote:
Originally posted by fionabailey
I guess you are hoping to use the vacancies to entice more/better quality job seekers to register with you. I think it is deceitful to advertise vacancies you are not involved with filling.

This is no different to the issue a few years ago of travel agents putting fake special offers and no-longer available holidays in their windows to entice people inside.
Don't jump the gun, the intention is not to be deceitful, nothing of the sort. Without going into more detail, watch this space for something soon

e-mail: alex@uni-trader.co.uk
Connector
student recruitment perhaps? you need to find a niche in recruitment and build up some local expertise. Students would be a good one - I use students from London Unis a lot for Marketing and even Development work but they require a lot of management.
Maven
Ok Skyrider, we'll wait and see what you have in mind.