This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
domain Names

Hi

i have a couple of domain names that i purched a while ago that im not doing anything with. they arent directly related to my site, but they arent so far removed you couldnt link them. My question is - what do you think is the best thing to do with these domains? is it a good idea to point them at my current site or should I create a small mini site that links to my main site?
thanks
cam
Starting Out
It would really depend what the domain names were. If they were the kind of domains that people would try entering when looking for something (e.g. fitness.co.uk) you would probably be as well just linking them straight to your current site.
But if they are less likely to be typed straight in, you would maybe be better adding a wee mini site that is very search engine friendly, and then have links and mentions of your main site.

Just my thoughts, I'm sure others will add/agree/disagree
Free no obligation quotes available.
www.f5webdesign.co.uk
info@f5webdesign.co.uk
Connector
i agree with F5 Webdesign
Connector
Personally?

I'd keep my attention on the workout site, you've got a good thing taking off there, but only 4 workouts so far... I think your doing a great job with the presentation of the workouts too.. .add a few more and work out a way to earn money (I'd go affiliate on the workout equipment) then go pr hunting...try get on This Morning

I'm sure they will love it (coincided hopefully with one of their fitness drives) dress up as that monkey on TV lol...whatever and you receive serious traffic from these programs.. If you can get the affiliate marketing right, i'd go stutle but friendly, maybe have a little info section about the kit. You could earn good money from it. The lighthearted, friendly and funny manner of the website i think works a treat.

Martin

(ps. I reserve the right to repel this statement should the domains be to good not to )
Connector
LOL

thats good advice. dressing up on this morning tho? I dont think they want 2 monkeys on the show at once.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by cc123
LOL

thats good advice. dressing up on this morning tho? I dont think they want 2 monkeys on the show at once.
LMFAO!!!

How very true!!!!

Seriously though if you do get booked, give me some warning, I'd have to move your site to its own box!