This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
alternatives to paypal

I have just got into the swing of selling on ebay. I might sell an item for £220 on ebay, but I have to buy it for £190, plus £5 postage and then there are £8 ebay fees and £7 paypal fees. Which leaves me with £10 profit if I am lucky.

I'm experimenting at the moment with only offering personal cheques as a method of payment. I know it's bound to put people off, but £7 is too much of my margin to throw away.

I would also like to establish my own site. I know it won't generate as many views as an item will on ebay, but I'm confident that I can undercut the competition on kelkoo. I will still have the problem of who to use for credit card purchases though. Who does everyone else use and are they compatible with ebay?

If you've read my previous post you will know that I am also trying to source the product direct from the manufacturer, although this may be unlikely
Alternative to pay pal

Have you looked at www.nochex.com. Their turn around time for payment into your account is so they say, just 4 days.

It looks easy to register although i haven't used it yet.
Connector
I was looking to use nochex as my new website merchant payment system.as it is only 2.6% which is very good.