This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Part Time Job?

Hi, just wondering if anyone on here have a part time job vacanice?

Im 15, very hard working and would love to have the experience of working in a business ( I need the experience).

Thanks all.

(sorry if this is out of subject)
Connector
Where do you live? And what sort of things can you do, or would like to learn how to do?

This might help get you some responses. If you havenít ever had a job, it might help just telling people about what you are interested in Ė this in itself may provide some hidden talents that need nurturing.

I think itís a great idea to offer your services to business if you want to learn, although donít forget a lot of small business donít have much money.
Connector
i tell you, Im 18 and I really have had no luck in finding a part time job with something i would actually like to do.

Im more than interested in web design and computing and im actually a qualified systems support technican. So if anyone is looking feel free to contact me :]

chris . foulstone @ myztc.com - is my email (take out the spaces)
Connector
Does your school run a work experience programme at all? When I was 15 (8 years ago..yikes!), our school encouraged us to apply for and carry out work experience in fields we were interested in. We wrote letters to various companies to enquire about the possibility of gaining work experience with them and only a few pupils didn't get anything and had to spend the week with the school dinner ladies.

I spent my week at a Signmakers and at the end of the week they offered me a part-time position with them at weekends and school holidays. It was a great experience and so nice to escape from McDonald's to doing something I really wanted to do! (Do McDonald's still hire 15 year olds?)

If your school doesn't encourage a programme such as this, it wouldn't do any harm to put together some letters to send out to companies enquiring as to whether they would take you on for a day's or week's (unpaid) experience. If you're lucky you might just get something and if you work hard and show plenty of enthusiasm, they might just find it handy to have you in to help out every Saturday!

Sarah
Maven
i know what you mean, like you im trying to find a few part time jobs, interesting stuff thats a bit different from the norm. Any one any ideas would be appreciated.

-Anais Nin