This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Decisions Decisions?

This may seem like an odd question.

The people who are making my cart already do what i am looking for but are going to build a custom one to fit on the bike. The one they already do has two hot pots and a griddle. The hot pots to do hotdogs and keep food warm and a griddle to do burgers or cook uncooked variety hotdogs (if you know what i mean) I was thinking i should just have three hot pots as i was planning on only doing hot dogs from westlers that only require heating hense no need for a griddle or should i keep with what they already have and offer bacon rolls and burgers as well?

All views welcome and apreciated

Black Sheep
Connector
Depends

If you are going to run your buisiness from place to place without any standing rights then i would say keep it simple..If on the other hand you are going to sit regularly at certain spots then offer choice! Regular customers like to swap and change,one off's will buy anything..

Hope this helps.

Markhttp://www.utilitiesplus.info

Suppliers of fresh chips and peeled potatoes to the trade.
www.edimachipsltd.co.uk
Connector
Do you need three hot pots or can you make do with two? If you can make do with two then i'd go for that and get the griddle.

Offering customers a choice is always good.

Plus a big thing to consider is that the smell of cooking burgers and onions will attract more people than warm hotdogs in brine!!!

Just out of interest, where are you thinking about locating? And how much are you looking at charging?
I know there are very small mobile units on the main shopping street in Cardiff and they are selling there burgers for £3(!) each. They sell a fair few as well despite being a stones throw away from McD's, Burger King, etc.
Banned
to Rhy

interesting Rhy i am from Cardiff where are your mobile units
Guru
I plan to locate on the market in soho (berwick street) and then to big events and so on an maybe pedel around the nightclubs for extra cash.
Guru
doh! as for charging i was thinking £2.50 for jumbo hot dog with all the extras and £2 for a bacon butty and then £1 for 500ml drinks.
Maven
Seems fair pricing. I think with the variety you open up new timeslots as well for instance bacon rolls for the breakfast trade etc. Berwick Street market's not very far from me - how early do you plan to start?

www.mobileYouth.org
www.w2forum.com
Guru
I would like to be there for 6.30 to 7 o'clock so i can gettpeople walking into work and the other market traders. I would like people to know that i will be there at that time and then get repeat business.
Connector
Paul

It seems you are trying to be funny.

Firstly the mobile units are not mine - look at the post again.

Secondly the mobile units are on the main shopping street in Cardiff - "Queen street"! I suggest you go to Cardiff this Saturday and take a closer look.

They are not very clean, probably not very legal but they are there. I know this because I have seen them on multiple Saturdays since Christmas and once even actually bought a burger from them.
Guru
Sold... at last got a great ish price for it. Ordered the bike today so should be up and trading by end of march.
Connector
Excellent. Dont worry about the car you will be able to get another one shortly.

Anyway if you want sponsorship with Ooh La Laa we can have a chat.

The bra logo on your bike would look wicked. Certainly draw attention!!!

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Maven
Well done and good luck. I am sure it will be a success.

I am looking into offering tours of London, so I will definitely be in contact with you. Might be a good way for you to make extra money if its on a commission basis.

Natalie
NLB Travel
Entrepreneur
lol, elena, I'm not trying to be funny so please don't take offence but it seems amusing that you will advertise womens lingerie with a 'hot DOGS' business

I just don't want it to create the wrong impression for your business. anyway, it's still an excellent idea. Black Sheep can charge a small amount for advertising on his cart, or have a seperate ad-board with a list of businesses etc...
Entrepreneur
Quote:
Originally posted by natalie
I am looking into offering tours of London, so I will definitely be in contact with you. Might be a good way for you to make extra money if its on a commission basis.
hmm... commission? what about if Black Sheep advertised your travel business on his cart, if you direct business his way?
Entrepreneur
damn man, you could earn a small fortune from advertising good luck to ya man!