This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Affiliate website schemes

Hello

I have been trading for 2 months now and things are picking up but I'm always on the lookout for new marketing opportunities.

I've heard about affiliate schemes where we supply sites with pictures of our stock and let them sell them too. When the customer wants to purchase something they are redirected to your payment page and you pay the other site with a commission on 7-10% which you pay out monthly.

It's another way of driving traffic to the site and shouldn't really cost anything as you pay commission when the customer has bought something.

What does everyone think? Anyone had any experiences of this? Are there any downsides I am missing?

It'll be good to hear your thoughts....

Showgirl
Connector
I've been a full time affiliate for about 3 years now and make a good living from it.

Your description of affiliate marketing is pretty much accurate. However if you are looking to go down the affiliate route seriously I would recommend you use a third party affiliate network.

Based on your site and products I would recommend www.paidonresults.com or www.affiliatefuture.com.

Affiliate Marketing Blog from Kieron
Connector
Hi Kieron,

How you doing? Your site is looking fab by the way

Sorry to be a little off topic - but I have been wanting to ask you a few questions. What's up with this sky banner on EVERYONES website? Is that something associated to affiliate marketing? Is it quite popular?

We are developing a community website for clubbers and the client wants some information on affiliate marketing on his site. Where would be the first place to start looking?

Natalie

www.whichwebdesigncompany.co.uk
Be confident in your choice - Rate and review your web design company here!
Connector
Hi Natalie,

I'm fine thanks and yes the site looks OK. This design agency called Elaborate or Elongate or something did it for me :-)

Sky are having a huge advertising push at the moment and have been buying up all types of media left, right and centre. Hence you are seeing Sky banners everywhere.

With regards to your clubbing website you need to sign up with the major affiliate networks and then find some products/services that you think will match the visitors to the site. An example would be that you could link to Dance and Club CD's from Amazon, CD-WOW, Play etc as they would be relevant to the target market.

As well as the 2 affiliate networks above I can recommend www.tradedoubler.com, www.buy.at and www.cj.com

Affiliate Marketing Blog from Kieron
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieron1
I'm fine thanks and yes the site looks OK. This design agency called Elaborate or Elongate or something did it for me :-)
Very funny!!!!

Thanks for the info!

www.whichwebdesigncompany.co.uk
Be confident in your choice - Rate and review your web design company here!
Connector
I also have an affiliate program if anyone is interested

We produce PERSONALISED ROSES - which are very unique gifts.

www.rosesbydesign.com

Affiliate section and sign up

http://www.rosesbydesign.com/affiliates.php

----------------------------------------------