This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
uni business

hey its been a while since i posted anything.I decided to get an education so im in uni for the next 4 years. I want to start a small (very small) business based within the university that i can maintain while studying. friends studying art said they are constantly being asked to buy paper, different paints, mixed media etc. there is an on campus art shop that sells this stuff at shop prices. I was thinking of maybe offering a similar range of items at a more competitive prices. Do you think this could work? i need to be involved in some kind of business or ill go off my head.

-Anais Nin
Banned
only one way to find out and that is to give it ago
Connector
If you can source the products cheaper then go for it. If the students don't mind waiting a few days then you could even simply create a pre-order system where the students order what they want, then you can buy from the suplier and deliver to them a few days later.

Students don't mind to wait if they're getinng a bargain.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Maven
thats exactly what i was thinking. There's not a huge amount of profit to be made but i just want to be involved with something. Thank you for the feedback now im off to do a bit of research.

-Anais Nin
Connector
Do you like ironing?

An ironing service for all students in halls of residence. Or in your halls... That is if your in halls. Advertising would be easy. Just put leaflets through peoples doors and in the laundrette.

Or memory sticks... May not be a massive margin but you could sell quite a few.