This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Connector
I have moments where I'm totally motivated and moments where I think about just chucking it all in and doing something else, and we're probably all the same.

For me one of the problems of running a business on my own is having to do everything, and there are so many areas that i really loathe doing (paper work mostly) that it makes it difficult to enjoy the parts i love. Or I just concentrate on the bits i enjoy and put off the rest until it becomes a huge mountain of scary work!!

Although I'm not one to exercise i do agree that it makes a difference, I walk my children to school in the mornings and when i get home feel really ready to get started, much more than when i used to drive them to nursery.

But the biggest thing in motivation is desire and belief, if you really really want it, you'll do it as long as you believe you can.

Sarah
Banned
it depends what YOU want out of it, I would say whenever you feel that your lacking motivation, stop what your doing and chill out for abit and focus on what good will come if and when you become successful, I always find looking at the million pound+ homes on rightmove.co.uk gives me a bit of motivation as I want a nice BIG home one day
Connector
Thanks for the replys, you all have some great point's.

I found looking at the next car,bike,toys and big house i want is the ultimate motivator. I have known what i wanted from the start, just forget sometimes.

Cams exercise routine was a major help this morning, am going to keep that up and i think he is going to email me a diet plan over.

Another point i started to worry is when i keep changing direction, this i thought was me purely not motivated, but i think thats just a entrepreneur thing that we all do ?

If i find myself in a business ticking over with no room for growth and no chance of it ever getting me the things i want and to be where i want, then i will quickly divert and research something else.

The big buzz is knowing i am the boss, i am in control and the things i want, the toys, the cars, the houses are all in my hand if i want them, thats what my motivator is now :-)

So after a few years of making a living in different things, my final direction for my companies are:

1). Internet Mail Order of innovative products.
2). Adult Retail and mail order with a difference.
3). Property Development (not doing houses up)

From my view, Number 1 and 2 can be quite similar and can pretty much be run with the same business model and set-up, Number 3 is totally different from 1 and 2 and gets me a break from 1 and 2 and can be quite lucrative while not to time consuming.

Kind Regards
Marc :-)
Maven
Marc,

Very random question but think you sound like someone that I know... You don't happen to live in Cheltenham do you and know Jo Tompson/Jon Lanceley?

Appologies if i'm completely wrong!
Liz
Connector
Hi Liz

Sorry thats not me :-) i am in staffordshire

Kindest regards
Marc