This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Christmas Crackers…

Hi,

I just wondered if I could run an idea past you guys.

We are attending a craft fair in the run up to Christmas and we thought Christmas crackers might be a good item to sell.

The crackers we would sell would have a piece or two of our jewellery in and we would sell them for around £7.50/£10 per cracker.

Do you think this would be a good idea?

Thank you

Lou

Raspberry-Bloom Jewellery Design
Connector
Hi Lou

Actually I bought crackers like that from a department store in Paris last year. Inside you had some nice jewellery ( auite similar to yours )

Went down really well and we pulled them before using the usual party hat and joke ones !!!

I think it was £12 for 2 but it was worth it. ''

Jacqueline
Guru
This sounds like a good idea to me. This would also save the customer from wrapping the item.
Connector
We make our own cristmas crakers in our house. We each buy 2 gifts and my mother makes the templates (thins year they're fluffy feathers )we also have the joke (written by us - my one last year was extremely rude and whilst i found it hillarious everyon else was shocked!). making the personally makes them really special and not only don't they cost as much but they aren't a disappointment.

Nothing worse than a plastic ring and a joke about an elephant imo.
Connector
lol, that sounds good Rachael, I might suggest that this christmas. I will have a look for some extra loud bangs for mine.

I like the idea of crackers with decent things in. Its one of the most fun ways to open any pressie. The only problem I see is if 2 boys were to crack one open and find a piece of womans jewellery. Maybe you could do some pink crackers with things for girls/ladies and a blue cracker with some more masculine pieces in them.

Good idea, the best thing about crackers for me is the bang and who won, that would change if there were decent things inside, or at least a decent joke.
Connector
well you could personalise each one so you know what each person wants!! You can get the snap things in hobbycraft or on ebay
Connector
Cool idea! I think they will do well.
Lets be friends
http://www.facebook.com/degrafik