This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Please help..

OK, the topic I posted before may not have been very clear. Bascially, I want to start up a internet based business which sells teenage clothing products on the internet for anyone to buy.
I just need to know, is there any thing I have to do before actually starting this business up by building the website?

Also, where would I get the clothing from to sell on my online store??
I know I probably can't buy any clothes from anywhere and sell them for a more expensive price, but I just need to know where to get the clothes?
Entrepreneur
Hi

You will need to tell the Inland Revenue within three months of starting up in business that you are trading.

Also remember that when your turnover reaches the VAT limit (£60,000 per annum or thereabouts) you will have to register for VAT. That means you will have to add VAT to your prices but you will be able to reclaim the VAT you have paid on your purchases, assuming they are purchased in UK from a VAT registered business.

Have a look at www.businesslink.gov.uk and go to 'Starting up in business' where you'll find loads of useful information and advice.

Good luck

Mike