This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Make me a million

Is anyone watching this tonight - thought it could be interesting:

http://www.channel4.com/4money/realdeal/makemeamillion/
Connector
I'm going to be watching! It looks really good and hopefully will be inspiring to new businesses and people who are thinking of starting up!
Connector
ooooooo.....

Good post cam I did see that this was on yesterday but completely forgot !

Got it marked down, should be interesting to watch
Connector
yeah I cant wait to see the ideas they come up with. Im betting at least one of the three will be excellent and at least one will be somehting you would never invest in ever!!
Connector
looks good. hopefuly not as car crash as some of the 'risking it all' series. have you been to www.milliondollarhomepage.com yet its one of those really simple ideas that puts a smile on your face.
Connector
Now that you have pointed it out to me I will be watching too. That should be quite interesting. I can see some massive risks being taken to achieve that goal in such a short space of time. Lessons for us all in that program I think. Good post mate.

Yeah search the forum for "am I nuts" and you should come up with Alexs original post introducing us all to his site. When he posted that there were only a few hundred pixels sold. Good idea, glad it worked well for him too.
Connector
Me & my boss at work have come to the conclusion that Alex Tew isnt working alone - he is merely a puppet in a much larger scale operation. possibly a plan for world domination,lol
Connector
yep i'll definately be watching it, they were on richard and judy today, sounds interesting....

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Yep, business is hard, looks like they learn that part on next weeks episode. Liked the way that mentor pointed out there is more than one way to accomplish the same objective. I also liked to see that one of the mentors didnt have any qualifications either so that reassuring. Ummmm, "what is a chief executive. Im not sure they will make a million in a year, takes years to gain the knoledge that you really do need for it. That bed may do well because the product will sell itself, if it can do what it says. Good viewing though, ill watch next weeks.
Maven
I liked it, but to be honest it seems like some of the people are pretty clueless.

It is easy to say when watching a TV program I know, but for example, those two with the bed: In a meeting with the largest bed supplier in the UK didn't know how much they were going to retail their bed for!

The diet lads only managed to get 2 questionaires filled in on their market research day.

And the two girls, in a meeting with Somerfield started telling the people how lucky and thankful they were to get a meeting with them.

I know things in business are extremly hard, especially when just starting out, it didn't seem to me like any of them where 100% dedicated or had put enough effort into it.

I'll keep watching though as hopefully they will all prove me wrong.

Darren
Connector
have to say it looked pretty lame - not a touch on the apprentice. For a starters the candidates - esp the two with kids - were clueless in general. Plus none of the ideas stood out at all....will I watch it again... PROBABALY ..given all the other c*ap on TV this is relativley good.
Connector
I think you have to remember when you're watching a programme like this that the producers have shortlisted those people to get picked by the 3 Entrpreneurs.
I suspect that there were probably some really clued up people who would have easily made a million in a year without a problem - the point being that it wouldnt make as good viewing as people who are going to struggle and have arguements and fall apart.
Personally I think the following:
1. Bed idea - rubbish - who wants a bed with a V12 engine!!!
2. Weight loss market is way way to hard to break into as easily as they are proposing.
3. The shampoo girl will be a winner (without her loser friend who will jack it in)

thats my prediction anyway.
Connector
I was a little disappointed by the program if I'm honest, I felt it should have been called "A Millionaire makes a million for some half-wits who couldn't do it themselves".

The bed idea is a good one, if they can prove it's qualities for health they're onto a winner... But lets be fair the two "entrepreneurs" had there heads stuck "up" the wrong places if they expected to quit £30k a yr jobs and take a salary from a company making no money. (If I was their mentor, and no camera's were around, I'd give them a real taste of medicine) And not only that, but talk about a lucky break with her father being an inventor.

The two guys with the diet idea, bunch of jokers who don't have a hope in hell, they should have saved the £30k and bought shares in the Shampoo business of the other two

The shampoo idea will work (and is), having recently been made a father I've heard alot of women talking about baby products lol....

The ginger woman has already been ousted I believe, well if you check the website she's not there! ( http://www.halogb.co.uk ) I wonder what thats done for their friendship... her lifestyle didn't allow her the time, but I wonder if she was just coming along for the ride on her friends go-for-it drive!

"From September 2005, 'Halos n Horns' products will available in most branches of Tesco, Somerfield, Morrisons and Sainsbury's across the UK. From January they will also be in all main Asda stores. "

So who made a million? I think we know...
Connector
I enjoyed this but only saw the last half after reading about it on here.

I notice a few negagtive comments on the irish girl and I also notice they are coming from men. I realise this is business and there is no room for messing about with personal issue but unless you are a mum and have no support then you shouldn't pass judgment.

I perhaps am more forgiving as I too started in business with a 2yr old and my mum lives 12000 miles away, I had no support. Its just another challenge they will have to deal with but don't brand her a looser just because she is a mum with childcare issues.

I hope they work it out, look forward to watching next week.

Just my 2pence worth ;-)

Cheers,
Belinda
www.pinkenvy.co.uk
**30% off Sweet Glamour Jewellery in November**
Entrepreneur
I think the main thing is that the other lady also had a child, but her determination ment, she arranged for someone to look after her baby while the company was setup. The Irish lady just didnt.

I can't believe the arrogance of those people with the bed. Unless they can scientifically prove there is a health advantage, it will be a 'commodity'