This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

New - be gentle with me!

Hi there,

I would love to own my own business and think it is the only way I will be truly happy and satisfied in a "career".

At the moment I am right in the very very early stages of thinking of ideas and I am a bit stuck!

I know that once my idea is concrete I can make it work... so far it is along the lines of a kind of business and personal advisory service. The business side would involve business plan writing, strategy planning, marketing and general advice and improvement implementation. The personal side of things would include services such as careers help (CV writing, job search help etc), lifestyle enhancement (motivation and communication issues) and debt management.

Firstly, do you think people would want such services?

Are there many regulations? I wouldn't be offering financial advice about products for example, but more just helping people or businesses get organised themselves with their own finances. I wouldn't want to venture into lifecoaching as such either.

I have no idea what kind of fees to charge.

I was thinking of targeting small local businesses for the business side of things.

Any advice or feedback is grately appreciated!

Poppy
Connector
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you based?

Try your local enterprise agency, they will be able to point you in the right direction, and many run free workshops and seminars,

Check out the national federation of enterprise agencies www.nfea.com to find your local agency

With regards to fees, you need to work out what your overheads are, in order to decide what you need to charge clients, and then make a decision about your fees

YE Magazine is a fantastic tool for dynamic small to medium businesses across the North West and Yorkshire & Humber. For both new business start ups and growing businesses across the region, YE Magazine provides a range of benefits, including:

- Access to funding for your business
- Up-to-date information that affects your business
- Full listing of business exhibitions, workshops and networking events in your area
- Exclusive interviews with inspirational entrepreneurs from across your region.
Connector
I think people will need those sevices always. The question is why would they choose to hire you over another offering the same/ish?]

Do you have any experience in any of that?