This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Free business advice

Are there any companies that give a free initial business consultation, even if you have to pay afterwards?

I have an idea of something I'd like to sell, have got some made up - and now don't know where to start about approaching high street retailers etc.

I think it's a really good idea that could become quite popular (or I could be fooling myself!), so I don't want to start selling them at markets/ebay shop etc in case someone picks up the idea and runs with it. Or is that the way is should be done? I'm not sure if it's unique enough to patent... And that whole patent thing is all a bit daunting! I really don't know what to do. Any advice?!
Connector
Hi

You can try Shell LiveWIRE's Mentor System, or Business Link, on their website you can enter your postcode to find a local office.

The Business Link are great, advice is free and they run helpful courses (Alot Free) to help you in setting up a business.

Between them, you should get the advice your after. (But speak to Business Link anyway, as they are there to help!)

Shell LiveWIRE Mentor System - http://www.shell-livewire.org/mentor/
Business Link - http://www.businesslink.gov.uk

All the best

Martin
Connector
local co-ordinator

Hi,

When you registered with Shell Livewire, you should have received details of your local co-ordinator, with whom you can arrange an appointment to discuss your business ideas, etc. You can also find this information in your Briefcase, which is in the top left-hand corner of the homepage.

Shell LiveWIRE Team
Entrepreneur
That's fantastic - thank you x
Banned
Free business advice?

Well, I think that the net will be the most appropriate way to make money for you .In this way you can get earnings without making physical exertion. But, you should be careful as there are many loopholes online. You can get going by taking a look at ***SNIP*** This site suggests you many ways for making money from home based jobs and has many other ideas for making a living from home. You can find people discussing their ideas here and this will help you to pick the best from the rest.Anyways I hope that you find my suggestion useful and hope that you make enough for your family.

Dont worryGardener (God) takes care of his flowers (creations).