This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
student website

I posted on here a while back, i just thought i would put a link to the website so you can have a look at how the website is going.

Feedback will be much appreciated.

http://www.studentbookscompany.co.uk...catid=&adv=All

The student buy sell website - accomodation finder.
Connector
looks good - if it will actually take of depends on how many people actually use it regularly. not sure about student bay, I assume its cheaper than ebay, otherwise why would you use it...
Connector
Looks good - as mentioned you'll need people visiting.
Have a look at www.tartan-pixels.co.uk - may be able to drive some traffic your way

Everythingink.co.uk - for all your printing consumables

Tartan Pixels - Buy, sell, edit and move pixels. Pixels YOU control!
Entrepreneur
I think it looks slick and clean although i dont like the sbc student title on the right at the top. The rest of the site looks futuristic and modern, that looks cartoonish and slightly out of place (in my opinion)

With the pagination of the data i wouldnt have it showing all the results as default. I'd have maybe 10 on a page then the options at the top.

I would also put page number links as well as next and previous
The site is confusing, there is to much going on, and why would I use your site when there are already established letting and buy sell websites up.

Good luck though
Connector
I have to agree somewhat with Beef that I do see a lot of websites which are so below par I would never dream of using them, let alone wanting to run them. However, I would never argue trying something - if it doesnt work then u learn something, and if it does you can grow. I think one of the main problems I see is people trying to start something big with not enough resources. I had a good idea a while back and tried it without realising that it would only have been a good idea if I had the team and money to make it work. However I learnt from it and glad I tried and found out one way or the other. Im now a firm believer in starting small and then growing until you have the knowledge/resources to take it to the next level. I thought the site wasnt too bad and give you a lot of credit for getting it up and running. Sometimes you dont need to reinvent the wheel . Good luck. sorry this post was a bit off topic
Cameron