This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Young persons online designer clothes shop

I seem to be poor at searching google but I didnt find anything that stood out as being a retailer of young persons clothes, in the sort of 18-30 range.

My idea would be to combine this with some sort of fashion advice, but is this already being done, or not possible online?
Connector
maybe I missed something but I think fasion of people 18-30 is one of the most well covered most heavily invested in heavily competitve areas of any merket out there. Fashion is HUGE big business. Think of brands like Diesel, Miss Sixty, Abercrombie, Hackett, or any of the big sportsware clothing brands. Dont let this deter you though. There is usually always a gap inthe market for something that the big players can think of - maybe advice of style is the way forward. try lookng at the websites of fashion magazines Such as GQ, Esquire, FHM etc and see who advertises there and what advice they are giving.

hope that helps a bit
Connector
Hi Martin, I wouldn't say that there is a huge amount of choice online but I'd say thats purely because of the difficultly in buying clothes online, especially brands that aren't available inthe high street to try on first! Check out ASOS.com, they're massive at the moment...seem to be everywhere I look!!
Connector
Ok - so ill eat my words a little by saying i just checked out ASOS.com and decided to buy something!! haha
Maven
This one is quite good http://triads.co.uk/catalog/
Maven
Similar idea for you:

Lease a high street shop...

Allow new and upcomming brands to bid for floor space in the shop,

They produce all the POS (point of sale) for their products and provide you with the stock

You only pay them for the products you sell

Benefits to suppliers:
They get floor space and sales, good when pitching to bigger stores
Benefits to customers:
New and exciting brands that not everyone has heard of
Benefit to you:
Much less risk in running a shop, no stock holding etc...

I almost did this on Reading and Guilford high street but the rent was far too expensive to make the plan work: it was also too much risk for me personally

I think it could work well up north though!

Free idea - help yourselves.......
Connector
I wouldnt be to sure that high street shops are affordable to start-ups anywhere in the country, without heavy investment. I couldnt even pay the rates on the shops in my city centre.

As far as clothes go I like quality, so I end up buying expensive clothes. Ive been looking for a brand that only do heavy (in weight) quality clothes but they are hard to find. Abercrombie, akademics, lacoste and lonsdale all fit the description but at a high price. Anyone think of any other high quality brands around?
Entrepreneur
I think there is a space in the market for another clothes store of this age range.

There are a few out there but they arent particularly high profile.

Put simply, if someone had access to a lot of decent brands, ot could be done a lot better.
Entrepreneur
Thought I'd put this in here rather than start a new topic. Im really keen on setting up an online store for young professional people. The image I have in mind is Will Smith in Hitch and his flat. People who have plenty of money and are happy to spend it on themselves and their home.

Ive had a look around google but nothing sticks out although I say that a lot. I did find www.mens-style.co.uk which was to become exactly what I wanted to do but its now been replaced with the 1 & 1 page.

Can anyone give any advice about this?
Connector
I quite like Simons Idea, Spunkystore are a simlar concept but online and they showcase brands, they do some cool stuff as well!

http://www.spunkystore.co.uk/q/page/e/shop/index
Guru
Hiya

Fashion is challenging, I'd say find a niche or a gap like someone said ealier, ours is hip-hop for women and kids. ASOS are superb and would love to be the urban version for sure. Tips and hints are a good idea but again find a niche as there are endless mags, newspapers etc giving hints and tips. Good luck