This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
gifts

Gift shop online, all items cost 20 quid or less.
What do you think of this idea?

-Anais Nin
Connector
Do you mean gifts you would give to clients or gifts you would give to friends/family?

For me, it would depend on the choice and quality of products offered and of course cost and length of delivery.
Maven
the gifts would be for family, friends, etc and mostly geared for men buying for women. All items would arrive gift wrapped and p+p would be included in the price. Im not sure about length of delivery, depends on where it is being sent to.
Gifts like: Candles, body sets, jewellery, teddy bears, books of poems, photo frames, photo albums, etc. Basically little gifts. Ive been looking at some really nice stock, very elegant, pretty things and beautiful gift wrap. Not pound shop kind of stuff.

-Anais Nin
Connector
It sounds like a good alternative to flowers.
Connector
How would you market it, just thinking a nice alternative to flowers would need a big push marketing wise, possibly to get the name out there.

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Connector
Yep, sounds OK. I suggest a quick delivery because as you may already know us men leave pressies till the last moment. I would like a gift website where I could order all my christmas stuff at once. Anyone know of a place like this?.

If you are aiming the products at women you should have a wide range of chocolate too. Women love chocolate.
Connector
what dont women love? ;D
this idea seems to have already been done many times online, and there are loads of sites selling thing like this but the problem with most of them is that they have cheap websites, the best way to make it succesful in my opinion is to spend plenty of money on the website.
Connector
In my opinion you dont need to spend alot of money to get a decent website.

You can get an OSCommerce website to look good if you have an able designer.
Connector
Nice idea.........

As with the card sites, you need to offer a service whereby they can order well in advance and forget about it.

Also send a reminder every year.

Never seen a site where everything is a set price incl delivery.

What about set prices ie £20, £50, £100 etc. They choose the amount, choose from lets say 20 posible items (don`t like toooo much choice) pay, set a delivery date and walk away.

Sounds ideal.
Maven
thanks guys now im off 2do some research, see if i can pull this thing off, i will let you know how it goes.

-Anais Nin