This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
cosemetics and body care

i am thinking about cosmetics for sensitive skin and using natural ingredients. i will like to an honest option about the indusrty and how to go about it.
Guru
I take it you mean you are going to buy the cosmetics and not make them your self?

If so I havent really got a clue about the industry but its a big industry and is getting bigger all the time. You should find yourself a supplier, you can get a directory of suppliers from Online Whole directories for a small fee. Then you could create a website and sell on there aswell as sending out brochures. As you are not making the cosmetics your self you are just selling them on, I don't think you need any licences or anything. As you are working with the skin maybe the Dermatologists Association may be able to help you a little bit more. http://www.bad.org.uk/public/skin/cosmetics/

Hope I have helped you a little bit.

Liam

Wholesale directory links:
www.uk-wholesaler.co.uk/
http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/
www.WholesalerHub.com
www.uk-wholesaler.co.uk
Entrepreneur
cosmetics

thanks for your reply. i wnat to make the cosmetics by myself but i don't know how in terms of how to go about it.
Guru
Oh right. Well the best option is most probs to get in contact with the Dermatologists Association as they might be able to tell what you need. I should think that you need licences and have to have your products tested. But I don't no as I have never worked in that industry.
Entrepreneur
thanks
Guru
Just done a little bit of research for you. I don't think you have to have a licence. Look at the opening sentences of that website, it gives the feel that you don't need a licence as it says about selling them in your commericially.

http://www.aromantic.co.uk/frameset....cosmetics.html
Entrepreneur
thanks so much.checking it now.
Connector
Are your products going to be natural based products, or 100% natural-i.e nothing artifical in them at all? The expression 'natural products' can mean 100% natural, naturally based products etc etc as the definition varies.

Just incase you do order any products e.g. raw materials from suppliers, although you may find you don't need a licence, you may need to look into the safety assessment of the materials like I do.

I do a range of products that are natural based, have a look at my site and contact me if you need any help etc I'll try my best to help.

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Entrepreneur
new idea

Please i just want to know how i could get suppliers to sell bodycare and cosmectics for black skin. A brand in america not in the uk
Connector
Re: new idea

Quote:
Originally posted by nike
Please i just want to know how i could get suppliers to sell bodycare and cosmectics for black skin. A brand in america not in the uk
Nike, are you planning on making the products and supplying them to an America based company? I'm confused. I was under the impression you wanted to make the products for sale within the UK? Rules will differ for over the pond when it comes to products etc.
As for finding companies, google and Jeeves might be your best bets.

Good Luck

Connector
Yep, Princess is right here. There may be differences in laws governing what products cosmentics are made from.

For example, over here we arnt allowed to sell anything with nickel in it that will come into contact with the skin. In America you are, so there are obvious differences between what you will be allowed to use. Do your homework before you go buying products from America.
Entrepreneur
sorrry,
i am replying late.
i want to buy body creams and cosemtics like an america brand and sell in the uk. product that are natural.
Connector
Ah, well if I was in your place I'd look up those types of products in the USA, do research into weather or not theres a need for you to offer such a service and also look into the legal side of it

Good Luck

Princess

Connector
As I am running a skincare business my own, I can tell you that the most important thing you must read is "The Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations 2003", which you can buy from The Stationery Office for about £10.00.