This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Database

Hi,
lm requring a database for my cusomter base. l already have one - i had it made about 2 years ago but its just a little bit too complicated to use. my sister is going to update it and i was wanting a simple database that i could buy off the internet. does anybody know of any good sites that are reasonabley priced? what i want is customer name, product(s) bought, when purchased and how they paid...

Any ideas?

Adrian Whalley
Natural Skincare Factory (UK).
www.natural-skincare-product.com

Adrian
Exclusive Skincare Products
Connector
why not use microsoft access or even excel?
Connector
I use Microsoft Access and always have for all my business databases and it gets the job done. For what you require it seems simple enough to setup and will save you a bit of money which can be used for something more productive.
Re: Database

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian78
Hi,
lm requring a database for my cusomter base. l already have one - i had it made about 2 years ago but its just a little bit too complicated to use. my sister is going to update it and i was wanting a simple database that i could buy off the internet. does anybody know of any good sites that are reasonabley priced? what i want is customer name, product(s) bought, when purchased and how they paid...

Any ideas?

Adrian Whalley
Natural Skincare Factory (UK).
Are you asking for somewhere to buy a database that already has the data you described in it? Or, as the above replies suggest, just database software?

If it's the former I'd also be interested in any ideas people have.
Connector
Access and Excel are fine, but sometimes the cheap option isn't best.

After all you can spend months tailoring your Access solution and it still won't do half the stuff an "off-the-shelf" product like MYOB, or Quickbooks can do.

After all I hope your expecting your business to grow, so having scaleable solutions will enable this without hassles later.

There not "cheap", but think for tomorrow because if you don't you will pay more later.

http://www.myob.co.uk
http://www.quickbooks.co.uk
Guru
I use quickbooks accounting software and it includes all the fields you highlighted. It is searchable and to a certain extent adaptable to your specific requirements. It has the added advantage of combining customer records with accounts.
Connector
You have email :-)

If anyone wants me to throw them together a database, like described above give me a shout :-)
Microsoft have some great templates online, you should check them out