This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Importing

I'm still juggling with this idea and have posted with a few notes on this website. However i'm now looking for information in importing goods from around the world. I'm basicaly looking at a distributions company with sales reps working for me within the sport industry. Does anyone have and advice? Cheers stu
Maven
Hi Stu

Pardon my ignorence,but will you actually be setting up a distribution company?

Where will you mainly be importing from ?

Will all shipments be sporting goods?

What transit time are you looking for?

Sorry to ask so many Qs but will be able to advise you more when know some of above.I may even be able to import goods on your behalf.

I am a freight forwarder and deal in uk,international and sameday services.

I also know a few of my customers deal in sporting goods and a fair few currently import from china with me.

Depending on what you are looking for i may be able to provide thier details.

Hope this has helped,please feel free to e-mail me if you need to know anything else.

Regards

Louise
Glide Logistics

LouiseColdwell@aol.com
Connector
Golf Contacts in China

Hi Louise,

I read that you have contacts with sports goods manufacturers/suppliers in China. I am always trying to get in contact with new suppliers of golf accessories, especially from China or Taiwan. Do you have details of any manufacturers or suppliers of golf related products whom I could contact? I am especially interested in their web site addresses so that I can browse their products and then contact them if they offer anything interesting. I could possibly get you to oversee the delivery of any goods I might order.

Many thanks,

Shamrocker
Maven
Hi Sham

How are you?

No probs,will try to sort something out over next couple of days,should have something for you.

Oh by the way i know you said golf equip and access you dont do Ties do you.......The reason is i know of a manufacturer in China and i currently import thier goods for my uk customer,things like silk ties etc,i know my uk customer has some really good prices and the ties come in silk and other etc and can be made to order with diff fabrics and designs etc ...........just a thought!

Anyway when found something out will send you an e-mail.

Will be able to arrange distribution on your behalf have some really good prices from China and far east.

Speak Soon

Cheers

Lou
Glide Logistics

LouiseColdwell@aol.com
Connector
Hi Lou,

I deal in golf equipment, mainly titanium driver heads and graphite shafts, but not much in terms of clothing so the ties you referred to aren't really of interest to me at present, but I'll certainly bear it in mind for the future.

Any golf suppliers you can provide me with would be much appreciated.

Take Care!

Shamrocker
Maven
Importing

Its good to ensure that you either inspect the goods before they leave the country of origin before transit or employ a local agency to do that for you and ensure a signature for authentication before payment is made.

I did a placement year with a import/export company that did a lot of business in the far east importing fabrics, clothes and jewellery items for sale in the UK.

In one case the exporter shipped a container full of junk items which had been verified and signed for by an agency employed by them. As payment was triggered on transit there was little the company could do legally as any additional costs incurred in pursuing a company half way across the world would have only have added to the burden.

www.mobileYouth.org
www.w2forum.com