This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Banned
New magazine

I want to start a new business magazine for young entruprenures.

Does anyone think this is a good idea and does anyone have any suggestions for what I could put in it?

Cheers
Connector
Search the forum and see a recent joint project with a similar aim and Frasers idea before that.

A common theme and as said in previous posts it costs a lot of money unless you make it online.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Hi

How can you start a mag about entrepreneurs when you've spelt "entrepreneurs" wrong.

Not only that, but what do you know about being a entrepreneur? How long have you been a entrepreneur? How many businesses have you started?

I wanted to start a magazine about "The Womans Mind", but I don't know how it works!! so maybe not the best idea to write a magazine about it.

Martin
Connector
As Adam says, we were going to do a magazine as a joint project between a few of us and decided against it in the end after realising the finance and work we'd have to put into it so if a few entrepreneurs who already run businesses can't do it, I don't think you, who has no finance or experience, could do it either. I don't want to slash your hopes or anything but I think you'd be better off thinking of something else to do.
Entrepreneur
D'you think it could really sell that much? I mean, the magazine doesn't cover a very popular topic does it? How many young entrepreneurs do you know, my point.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Erel
D'you think it could really sell that much? I mean, the magazine doesn't cover a very popular topic does it? How many young entrepreneurs do you know, my point.
About 200,000 new businesses "try" start up each year I remember reading somewhere... So there is a market.

So your point is?
Connector
Hi all

I think you were all a bit rough with willy (excuse me!!!), although there does seem to be some mention of a new "Young Entrepreneur Magazine" idea every week - bit anoying.

Aiming a publication at young entrepreneurs is a narrow market and the age range at which people start business is much more varied. As magazine publishers we looked at this area but felt it severely limited our target audience and just as importantly our advertisers. What we did find was that there was a lack of knowledge about the services and organisations out there that can help a new venture.

We have just launched our first issue of YEM for more details check out the link. If you fill ou the form online you will get the first issue for FREE, direct to your home or place of work.

www.ye-mag.co.uk.