This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Have I bitten off more than I can chew!

Hi People!!

After a bit of advise, poss assistance
Not totally busniess related but Im sure you guys can help

Am in the early stages of organisaing an event for charity.
Gt Ormand Street to be specific, my neice recently spent some time in the intensive care ward there, and thanks to the outstanding care she received has made a full recovery. I want to give something back and have commited myself to organising an event to raise money. Have been in touch with a local magazine who have offered to help with publicity and arranging venues, have also had interest from local bands , DJ's. Im looking to higher the profile of the event by including some headline acts, but im not really sure how to go about this. Any idea's on who to contact for the biggers acts, bands , DJ's etc . Ive tried contacting through email on their websites but Im not sure thats going to be too succesfull.
Is there anyone out there with experience in organising an event such as this who can offer advise / assistance?
ive done a few club nights and such like but nothing like what I envisage for this!

Feel like I may have taken on too much here, Im in the middle of rennovating a property I bought before xmas, have arranged a viewing of a retail unit by blagging the agent that I had a water tight business plan up and running for a designer furniture business which of course I havent as yet!!

and now im trying to organise this!!

Def feel like ive bitten off more than I can chew!

Cheers

Lee
Entrepreneur

How about ringing up the artist's/band's record label? They should be able to put you in the right direction.
Connector
Hey... I would love to give you a hand with this in any way I can. I know the bloke that organised ASDA Music Mania at Gateshead (take a look at http://www.metroradio.co.uk/nav?acti...d=2999&start=0). I may be able to put you in contact with him. I would also like to help with any planning and organising that would be done. After all it is a goos cause!

Regards,

Craig
craig@netlane.co.uk

P.S - Drop me an email!
Entrepreneur
there are bound to be celebrities where you live, celebrities around my area are always willing to do these events, even if its just for publicity, If your in the NorthWest Ricky Hatton is constantly doing events, hes a top guy.
Entrepreneur

Whose Ricky Hatton?
Starting Out
Hi,

I would surf the official internets sites of the stars (most decent artists stay in regular contact with their fans) and either post your event on a forum and get other fans to pester them for your cause as well, or alternatively you may find contact details on there to send messages to that person.

Like direct mail - you'll need to think of a few stars given that your response rate may be fairly low, but Im sure you'll enjoy doing it!!

I think its great what you are doing, and wish you all the luck in the world. Let us know how you get on....

=)

JJ
Entrepreneur
who is Ricky Hatton, are you taking the ****. Hes holds two world titles for his weight category in boxing, he's had around 40 fights and hasn't been beaten.
Entrepreneur

Sorry, I don't follow boxing.
Connector
Aren't we not looking for musical artists as opposed to people who stand there and go 'well ermm.... I can box!'

Craig