This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

cleaning business

I am curently working for myself in office cleaning industry and sometimes I do end of tenancy jobs for estate agents.

I would like to expand but I don't know where I should advertise as my budget is not so good at the moment. Should I use a PR ? Do u think Yellow Pages is any good? Local Paper? Or maybe a website? What should I do first?

Gabriela
Connector
Hi,

I think the best way forward in this type of business is word of mouth and getting yourself known by networking as much as possible with others who are in business. Before embarking on any advertising campaign, I suggest having a think about who you are trying to reach - do they read the local paper? Do they look for such services on the Internet? Websites can be great for some businesses, but if I was looking for a cleaning company, I'd probably be inclined to ask friends, colleagues, etc, if they knew anyone in the industry.

Lee
Entrepreneur
Hi

You already seem to have a network of contacts - estate agents. So if the end of tenancy cleaning is something you want to expand, then focus on the estate agents. The advantage is they are very easy to identify!

So you could do a mailshot to them, and to other letting agencies who presumably need the same services.

Advertising can be a very good way of spending - and wasting - a lot of money, so try to be as focussed as possible.

Are you leaving cards or some other kind of contact information at each job you do - as Lee says word of mouth is very important & if you have done a good job for someone they need to be able to find your phone number to tell their friends.

Good luck

Mike
Thank you, I felt that I have to do something to bring in some business as it is a quiet time for me. I'll try the mail shot, at least more estate and letting agents will hear about my business and who knows...

Regards
Gabriela