This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

OMG Where to start

OMG where on earth do i start!!!!!!!

Want to open a Lingerie Shop, have ideal location :-) just one problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Finding it hard to do a business plan

Reason being, as i have not yet started trading no one will really give me the time of day let alone trade price lists, yes they will send me all the brouchers and all info packs on accounts but yet no one yet to help on prices!!!!!!!!

How can i do a business plan till i have this vital information, how on earth can i predict how much my margins need to be there for how much i will need to sell just to break even let alone make a profit..........................

Please if anyone can give me any information on WWW. wholesalers that may have any pitty for the likes of me

PLEASE HELP

Yours

Miss_Lingerie
Starting Out
Hiya

I asked myself these exact same questions around 3 months ago, and it all fell into place. My first question would be - are you funding the business yourself, or are you looking for help with finance? If you are putting cash into to help you get started, then a business plan will really be for YOUR information at this stage.

Its easier to turn the question on its head, and ask yourself how many orders you would require to pay yourself, and cover your costs.

If you require assistance with finance, I found the lloyds tsb new startup pack very useful, as they have a CD Rom which creates a business plan for you. All you do is follow the prompts and it creates it for you. Of course you will probably want to adapt it once its done, but it gives you an idea as to what people are looking for in a business plan. They also offer business advisors to help with business setup and banking is free for the first 12 months, so give it a try.

Good luck

=)
Maven
Hi There

There is a forum member who has started her own company in your field perhaps email her i am sure she would help..

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com

Kind Regards

Chris
info@chilleddesign.com

http://www.chilledhosting.com
Thanks guys

I Have just emailed Elana and im sure she will be of great help.
And inregards to Business info packs im really not sure who to go with. HSBC and Lloyds do seem to be in the run for the favs.
Maybe someone could shed some light on there experiences with there banks when starting out.

Miss Lingerie xxx
Maven
Hi,

I remember being in your situation where I didn't know what to do first! However, in time it will all become clear and I would recommed you visit your local Business Link adviser, or contact The Prince's Trust who may be able to help you.

With regards to banks, I have three business accounts; one with HSBC, Barclays and Natwest. They are all pretty much the same, but I would try and strike up a relationship with your bank manager and see which one you get on with best and which you think will be of more help to you.

Good luck.

Natalie Brown
NLB Travel
www.nlbtravel.co.uk