This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Advice Needed

Hi

Not been on here for ages due to work commitments as I have been rushed off my feet with the Lingerie Business and had to put the Gift Baskets on hold.

Anyway, I need some advice.

My partner is the local branch co-ordinator for a National Car Club and has had to take on alot of additional roles regarding membership etc.

He has asked his mum and me to help him with the administration side. Basically we will be his Personal Assistants, arranging all the membership packs, sending letters, show dates etc, confirming bookings etc.

Would this be classed as being employed/self-employed or voluntary work? With it being a club we will not be earning any money.

Any advice is great.

Thanks
Connector
I've done similar things before and as far as I'm aware if you're not being paid then this is voluntary work and there would be no implications for tax etc...

Rayne
Connector
yes i'd have to agree, its voluntary work.

How's the stall going?

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Guru
Hi

Thanks for your replys. I thought it may just be voluntary but wanted to make sure.

Natasha the stall is doing brilliantly, been rushed off my feet over the last month. Everything is all go at the moment. I just can't believe I nearly sold the business.

I have had to put on hold the Gift Basket Business at the moment, although I have been making them for family and friends for their Birthdays etc in what little spare time I have.

Anyway thanks for all your replys.