This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Personal Logo Protection

PLEASE COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN PROTECT A LOGO TO KEEP FOR MYSELF,MY OWN PERSONAL USE AS I WAS GOING TO GET IT TRADE MARKED BUT THIS IS KNOW GOOD BECAUSE IT SAYS THAT YOU MUST START TRADING WITHIN A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR THE TRADE MARK TO BE PROTECTED AND I DONT KNOW IF OR WHEN I WILL USE THE LOGO.I REALLY WANT SOME WAY OF PROTECTING MY LOGO FROM,IF SOMEONE COMES UP WITH THE SAME LOGO AND STARTS TRADING UNDER IT BEFORE IF I CHOOSE TO

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
Maven
The only surefire way is to trademark it, but then you also need to know what industry you're going to be using it in.

You could also use a new service from Briffa (http://www.briffa.com). You basically send them the drawings etc and sign and date them and they stamp them and store them for safekeeping. Then if anyone tries to copy your work you can prove you had originally designed it.

Gary

Managed Web
Website Maintenance Services
http://www.managedweb.com
Connector
Really simply by being the owner of the logo/image you own copyright over the image automatically - people cannot legally get away with outright copying of your images, obviously you cannot physically stop them if they want to, but you can bring legal action upon them if you catch them.