This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

business plan help

i have just started to write my business plan and i am not sure what to write,i have got a list of sections i want in my business plan can you let my know if they are ok and how will i get this info together.
list
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

PERSONNEL

OPERATIONS

THE SERVICE

THE MARKET

THE MARKETING MIX

MARKET RESEARCH

SALES FORECASTS

FINANCE
PROFIT AND LOSS FORECAST

FINANCE
CASH FLOW FORECAST

RESOURCES
ASSETS NEEDED

FUNDING

OTHER INFORMATION

APPENDICES
the business i want to start is a hand car wash/valet business.i have already wrote the service section.thanks in advance ste
steviep88@hotmail.com
Maven
If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org , and you are within the 16-30 age group, you will be able to download two booklets - 'Market Research for the first time' and 'Writing your first Business Plan'. You will also be posted a factsheet dealing with your particular business idea, plus you will also gain access to all the information within the Be Your Own Boss section of the site. This includes a section dealing with writing a business plan.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Your Account' from the navigation options at the bottom of the web pages.
Maven
There's a useful bit of software from Alliance & Leicester at http://www.alliancebusinessbanking.c...g_planning.asp which goes through each stage of the plan with plenty of help and examples. Print out the sample plan first so you have something to refer to, then start writing your own.

Decide what you're writing the plan for: to raise finance or to guide your business. If it's for the latter you don't need to be as formal and you can write it the way you want (but still covering the important areas) so you can use it as a reference and guide, rather than trying to impress someone so they loan you money.

One section I would add in is a Sales section. In this detail exactly how you are going to sell the service and who your first clients are going to be, and how you are going to sell to them.

I also include a Promotion Plan for the next 3 months and the expected costs and results of those promotions - this helps me budget for marketing and forecast sales.

HTH

Gary

Managed Web
Website Maintenance Services
http://www.managedweb.com
thanks for your help guys ill look into what you have said.cheers