This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Forming a ltd company - HELP!

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had lovely Christmas and NY.

I want to form a ltd company and it seems easiest to use another company to sort this out for me, but their prices vary hugely - between about £45 + VAT to £145 + VAT. Can anyone help me with what I should be looking out for? Obviously the less I spend the better, but don't want to make a costly mistake ...

All advice would be hugely appreciated.

Z
ltd

you should get in touch with company house you can call 192 for the number and the will send you the form price £20-
Guru
Thanks Sophia. I've done that and the forms are on their way, but sadly it's not as easy as that. I also have to get Memo of Association and Article and get a solicitor to sign etc etc.

Wondered how others set up their ltd companies?

Z
Entrepreneur
Greetings,

Set my Ltd company using my accountant. More expensive than doing it yourself, but it was done right first time and they took care of all the paperwork. They also are acting as company secretary for me.

Regards

Richard
Entrepreneur
RE: ltd

HI YOU CAN SETUP AT http://www.formationshouse.co.uk/ ON LINE IT WILL COST £50.00 THIS IS THE WAY I DONE IT.
Entrepreneur
If using an agent, just make sure that when they set up the Articles of Association (and they are likely to use the standard Table A) that the activities you want to perform are covered by Table A otherwise you can't trade!!! Or you can trade but your contracts can be voided because you are not authorised to perform those activities.
It's unlikely that they won't be covered as Table A has a very general but wide ranging scope of activities.
Entrepreneur
Also....

Don't forget to consider what you are getting in what you pay - how many copies of the memorandum and articles, will they be bound, what registers do you get, do you get a company seal - is it a rubber stamp or an embossing model, are there minutes.

Just make sure you get value for money.
Guru
Thanks Kevin. I'm not sure that I'd need the company seal and probably only need 2 or 3 copies of the Memo of Articles and Association.

The other question I have, is that I will have to register the business in my home address as that's where I'll be based, but I want to use a PO Box number on my order forms and website, rather than broadcasting a home address - can I do this?

Thanks so much for your help.

Z
Entrepreneur
Firstly you need a company seal for certain things you will want to do e.g. issue share certificates.

On your point about the registered office - it can be wherever you like but of course you will need to get that persons/firms consent and if it is for example at your accountants then they are likely to charge you an annual fee for the privilege.

The registered office is where people can deliver statutory items, e.g. statutory demands so obviously don't just use an address that you will rarely visit or who will not handle your correspondence.
Entrepreneur
Hi Zozzy,
Why don't you do it through businesslink, they offer to do mine for £20. Very cheap and reliable.

All the best

Covenant
Connector
Yep... BusinessLink is very good saying that they are not out for making a profit. You can also not use a PO Box for a registered address and it must be one where there is someone to sign for official documents. I would also give Formations House a miss even though that they seem cheap for £50. They are greatly confused between a PLC and a LTD (which is what you want).

Hope this helps!

Craig