This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Running a limited company

I've jsut finished university and I have one business idea ready to go, and a few more I want to have a go at too. I wanted to run them under a limited company for getting goods for the business at trade prices and VAT registered so I can retail as well.

I have read extensively andknow most of the details and legalities of running a limited company. I am not sure on certain resolutions, tax and accounts. I do'nt want to have to incur huge accountancy costs.

The so called 'free help' has become a vicious circle - Business Link Manchester wouldn't help me because the business was small, and Trafford Business Venture are more interested in plugging their consultancy which has to be paid for.

I just wanted someone who's done it before and guide me, because I haven't got hours to spend learning admin, payroll and tax.

Does anyone how much outsourcing accountancy would cost just for basic filing of yearly accounts? I can do accounts myself, but I want to make sure they are done properly as well as all the other red tape.

Thanks for any help

Alex
Connector
Hi Alex,

Accounting costs vary depending on the amount of work involved. You will be able to get some ballpark figures by phoning a few local accountants.

We do have at least one qualified chartered accountant (James Smith) in our online community. He will probably be able to give you a rough idea of costs. If you would like details of how you can become a member (it's free), then send me an e-mail: lee.longstaff@pne.org

Lee