This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Getting the true opinions when conducting market research!

Hi All

Has anyone drawn up their own market research and been one hundred percent satisfied with it once they began their business? What I mean is do you feel you asked the right questions and received the answers which eventually helped you form your business to satisfy the business need.

You see the problem I have is that I literally want to able to get inside the customers mind, to define their needs but feel that I may not asking the right questions to then receieve the answers which will enable me to create my Unique Selling Points or deliver the need within the sector. I also want to be able to understand the areas in which existing business are failing or exceding the customer expectation so that I can either not make the same mistakes or improve upon them.

Problem is I don't know were to start any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Craig
Starting Out
I think that the best form of research of this kind is to trust your gut instinct. You can also usually tell if a company is successful or not - are they always busy, are they recruiting a lot? This may not answer your query directly, but i found just observing customers and the busy / slow shops helped me with my market research.