This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

How can I market myself to small businesses?

Hello

I recently set up as a freelance marketing co-ordinator and so far I have 2 clients, one is an estate agent and the other is a motivational coach. I would like to continue to do PR for small businesses who only need it now and again and who perhaps can't afford to pay a PR person everyday, only when required. (e.g. 1 press release a week etc)

I am moving to a new area in the south soon and will keep the same clients but I want to get more work. Can anyone offer me advice? At the moment I am thinking about writing to all small businesses in the area offering my assistance as well as attending business group network meetings. Any other ideas?

Thanks very much.

MC
Entrepreneur
Don't know if I should mention this as it seems so obvious. You offer a PR service, so why not contact all the local newspapers (and radio stations) in the new area, and do some PR ?
Also, Trade Directories are a great source of business information, so visit your local library, look at the various directories, and make a note of all the prospective businesses in your new area.