This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

New business startup

What funds are available for 16-18 year olds to help with business start-up? The Princes trust only provide financial backing for 18-30 year olds but is there any other organisation that helps younger people with new business funding?
Connector
Hi Ralph,

There are no organisations that I can think of which specifically help 16-18 year olds. Unfortunately, the vast majority of grant and loan providers will only give financial assistance to people aged 18 and over.

How much money do you require? Alot of small businesses actually start up with assistance from family and friends - is this a possibility?

Lee
Thanks Lee

I'm putting about £1000 of my own money into the startup but if i could get other funding £500-£800 then this would give me more startup capital to allow me to make sure my website etc is of very good quality to give a gd impression and still leave me with a healthy amount left to start the business with. Is there a chance i could register the business with a friend who i already am in parntership with who is over 18 to enable funding from The Princes Trust etc?
Connector
That would certainly be one way round your problem - your friend is over 18, so meets that criteria.