This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Dinner/Fashion Event!!

Hi all,

Im me n some friends are wanting to organise a fashion/dinner kinda event! With maybe some beauty stuff to! Its just for the community to get together, but obviously we dont want to lose money doing it! I doubt were will get funding from council or other place! But we will probably do a raffle or even charge for the food!
And maybe get some beauty

Has anyone done anything like this before?
Another way we can cover cost etc??

Id be grateful for any advice or tips

Cheers
Connector
Rabbia, I have been to quite a few Dinner evenings myself and what I tend to find is that there are always various sponcers covering the event. This will help with covering the costs of the venue, flyers, catering, seating...etc and is good exposure for the sponcers.

Also, the actual price for attending the event will help cover the costs. (i.e. 10 per ticket/ head) Depending the event, you could throw out various press releases to the local/ national radio stations and newspapers. (targeted. There is no point in sending "The Sun" a press release as they won't cover a local Dinner event, unless celebs are invited. Try a small, local paper)

Regards
Design R Web Solutions
Connector
Hi ,

Where is this fashion event?

How many people are attending?

I would love to help you maybe give you a prize for your raffle in return i could give some brochures.
If you are interested in raising some money for charity i would be happy to donate an amount if i could make some sales on the day.

If your interested contact me offline at elena.souto@oohlalaa.com

Thanks
Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Hi Elena and Designr,

Thank you both for ur replys!!

Were not sure of the size, maybe about 200 ppl.
it really depends on cost of the orgnising it..

Its going to be in glasgow... it wid be grate if you cud help, act doing it for charity might be an idea, bracuse were not intending to do this as a money making thing anyway...it just something to do...

oh and you have a cool site...
Connector
The cost shouldn't be too big if you can get sponsors. Let me know if you need anything.

Im only a small company but ill do my best to help!!

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Maven
You could always give a fraction of the money to a charity. Everyone will buy tickets if they're for charidy mate!

If you need any help with online marketing then let me know.

Best regards
One way to make sure you get coverage in the local area is to pick some of the local radio DJ's to be your models for the evening and if it is for charity you may even get one to be the compare which means you will have somone who is used to presenting and thinking on their feet and so it might make the whole show a bit more professional looking and slick.

PS - Elena - I havent forgotten - just waiting to hear back!
Maven
Dinner

Hi Rabbia,

I would be interested in offering to your attendees a discount off our tours in Italy. My company, NLB Travel, arranges guided tours of the sights in Italy and I could offer to you either a discount to all attendees or for a prize winner.

Please feel free to contact me at info@nlbtravel.co.uk if you are interested.

Natalie Brown
NLB Travel
www.nlbtravel.co.uk