This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Advertising space

Hi,

I'm just wondering, how much could I sell advertising space for on my site?

say I have 2000 unique visitors to the site per month, for a banner on the home page, how much would people be willing to pay?

Thanks

RSS
Maven
I personally wouldn't sell advertising space for a business/commercial site. It's all good for a site thats offering free internet services or ezines or something like that, but for a real business trying to attract customers and sell a service. it just doesn't create the right impressoin at all. Prospective clients will not want to see 3rd party adverts and I strongly feel you could be loosing business from doing so.

If you really would like to place a banner on your site, why don't you have one advertising your own services?

Just my 2 cents...

Adam
Connector
Re: Advertising space

Quote:
Originally posted by RSS
Hi,

I'm just wondering, how much could I sell advertising space for on my site?

say I have 2000 unique visitors to the site per month, for a banner on the home page, how much would people be willing to pay?

Thanks

RSS
Well, at my newspaper companies' website we charge around £30 per week for a banner, thats based on traffic however of 250,000 page impressions per month.

Steve
Connector
Why not rotate a banner for the companies who pay to be listed in your database, after all the more exposure they get the more money there is to be made by you.