This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Not the usual question........

Hi all,

Basically I was wondering what experience people have of raising finance to buy a current business. I've been on corporate finance courses and been told how its possible to raise finance offset against future cash flows.

I'm looking at purchasing one part of a company that has recently gone into administration but is still trading and has a large amount of cash still coming in. The cash I need will be used to purchase all the assets and Intellectual Property of the firm so would a lender be much more willing to lend as its funds will be secured against the capital as it is a very capital intensive business?

Not too sure if this is clear because I'm frantically trying to work out the viability of buying this business. If you need more info please ask me!!!

Andrew
Entrepreneur
Hi Andrew,

Yes, it is possible to raise the funding to purchase fixed assets and future cash flows from the administrators of the company. However, in order for me to give you a definitive answer I need a break-down of assets you are trying to purchase and the amounts involved. Also, it is important to demnonstrate that you would be able to succeed where the last management of the company has failed. Moreover, could you please let me know how much you will be investing yourself?

Best regards,

Interested in competitive working capital and trade finance solutions?

Connector
Hi Andrew,

Borrowing to purchase fixed assets from an Administrator is fairly common and funding for the purchase of goodwill is also available.

Have a look at my website here which contains all my contact details and if you let me have fuller details of the proposed purchase I would be more than happy to discuss with you what funding would be available without any obligation or cost.

invoice discounting, factoring and trade finance broker
Maven
Hi,

Thanks to both of you. I'm currently awaiting details from the administrators of the full position. I have received a non-disclosure form today which will be faxed back tomorrow and then hopefully I should have some details to let you see. Obviously I'll require any advisers to also sign non-disclosure agreements first. Hope to give you some more information soon.

Thanks
Andrew