This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
small magazine

I want to produce a small promotional magazine of about 5 pages long to complement a website. Does anyone have experience printing a publication? There are a number of issues I'm unsure of:

What's the cheapest way to get glossy pages printed? About how much should a glossy page cost me? Also, how can I make sure I get pages that don't smell of chemicals - some publications use print that smells of parrafin and can be offputting to readers.

Shoud I maybe buy my own printer and do it myself?

Thanks for any help
Guru
I think a local copy shop/printers should be able to do this for a reasonable price. A professional - high quality printer would cost you in the region of £500, not really worth the investment.
Guru
I know what you mean about the smell - Classic Cars For Sale magazine reeks. It's quite plesant though!

For the small magazine, visit the The Periodical Publishers Association's website ( http://www.ppa.co.uk ), and look at the 'Advice for new publishers' section (under 'Publishing' on the left hand menu)

There's a massive list of suppliers some of whom must be able to point you in the right direction.