This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Sauna Room

Hi everyone,
Im getting a container of the new type of Infrared Sauna Rooms which are powered by electric mains similar to the ones on this site,
http://www.saunas.com/shop/catalog/174

I was planning to sell them via ebay. Has anyone got any other ideas on how and where to sell them? They are being retailed for about 2000, but I will be selling them at around 1000.
Any help would be appreciated!!!
Guru
Hi, how's the business going? Aee you making many sales?
Sauna's are a big outlay for someone to spend on. Have you tried more prosperous areas of the country?

Why not find out if you can sell saunas to people who are having extensions built - they might want to incorporate a sauna with the extension.
Another way is to sell to people who get swimming pools built - sell the sauna with the pool, you'd probably have to join forces with a pool installer though.

I'm not sure if building firms would want saunas in the new developments.
There might be small replacement market for the many small health clubs and gyms.
Maven
you could also try the martial arts community, muay thai fighters usually use saunas quite alot to lose weight etc... maybe you could search for some of those gyms and find out?
Connector
Hi Safwan,

Can I just ask..... if the genuine retail price of them is 2,000 why are you selling them for 1,000?

I think this product would be suitable to advertise in a local newspaper.

Jamie Miller
Active Sports Ltd
Distributors of Powerball
How Fast Can You Spin It....?
Starting Out
Thanks for your replies everyone.
Im selling the units at a minimum of 1000, and a maximum of 2000. I'll base my price at about 1500. This is so that I get recognised as a quality supplier with a price much affordable than other competitors within the market.
What I was thinking is that, what if I could do a small exhibition in my local city shopping centre, with the actual sauna room on display and hand out brochures and get orders? Ive seen it done in a few shopping centres with whirlpool spa baths, but I dont know how to go about it. Could anyone help me?
Guru
Not sure how you'd do that. When I'm not sure I just phone around, see who you'd book a stand through. You'd want to consider the time, type of people there, and how many sales you think you'd make. If you get it wrong it's possible to spend a lot of money and not get any sales.

Have you thought about pitching to the public a few times without booking a stall in a shopping area, looking smart and handing out just leaflets. It's a bit cheeky but you'd probably get away with it, and if you do it in the shopping area you don't want to use for your stand, you won't alienate the shopping centre owners. You'll get a good idea if the people there might be interested in that sort of thing, then you can go on to get a stand organised.