This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
FAO - 15p PRINT - URGENT

One of my clients is blowing a gasket about an order place 2 weeks ago and still not received, it is very embarressing for me as I reccommended you to them. The email rant contains the following, I have omitted the other less savoury bits:-

Where is my order?
Why are they not responding to my emails despite it stating they will be in two hours?
Why is there no phone number on the website?
It states on the website a quick turn around time, how quick is two weeks?

You reccomended this company to me and as a result I am potentailly loosing my own customers. Please can you sort this out ASAP.

I am sorry to use this forum to contact you, but there seems no other way.
Possibly a message saying " Can you email me please, I have something important to discuss with you" may be more appropriate and professional - until you know all the facts.
Connector
I suggest you do not respond to posts that are not addressed to you and if you feel the need to respond to posts that are not addresed to you, that you have all the facts before you make an posting about being more appropriate and professional.
It's a public forum and shane is entitled to post to whatever post he wants too.

I also agree a public naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed. Why don't you use the telephone number on his website, write a note to him via email/snail mail.

I'm sure there is a very simple reason why he's not been in touch!!
Connector
I'd agree with shamrocker, I doubt 15p print wants that published.

88template.co.uk - the easiest way to get a professional looking web site, cheap

List Books - Buy and sell your second-hand books commission free.
Connector
Hi all,

I'm presuming the company in question is Able IT, who, according to their website, have been (or are in), the process of moving premises. It may be worth ringing them on the number provided on their old (main) site:

http://www.ableit.co.uk/

Hopefully this will lead to the matter being dealt with in a satisfactory manner for all concerned, and perhaps lessons can be learnt.

Shell LiveWIRE Team
Connector
I am not naming and shaming, I am just trying to get speak with them. It is not my fault my client is going ballistic! Beleive me I have tried calling and emailing several times, hence this course of action, something I do not take lightly it is a last course of action! Please don't have a go at me, I have a business and have to respond to my clients needs, moans and groans and all!! It is not my fault I cannot get hold of them, after all who is the client and who is the supplier?!
The reason I felt the urge to post is because you seemed to get very worked up because you had no response and you probably did not 'know all the facts'. Maybe the person had to go into hospital suddenly, or got the premises burnt down, or robbed, etc, etc...

Therfore, to start ranting about a long turnaround from a certain supplier in a public forum like this is in my opinion unprofessional and does absolutely no good to the credibility of the supplier nor that of yourself. Your supplier probably gets quite a lot of business from this forum and to date I have never heard anyone complain about their services, so what damage do you think your post could do to their reputation...and there may well be a very good explanation for the delay. Yes, they should probably have made an effort to contact you to explain but that is besides the point. In regard to your own credibility, do you think anyone else on the forum would want to supply a service to you when you act like this? I certainly wouldn't.
Connector
To put you in the picture the receptionist and the PA, at both companies, have told me one of them is in meetings all day and the other is with clients, so I am acting upon information supplied by the company themselves. I also would like to point out that I did not rant, I was deseperate for them to get in touch and told them some of the things my client had said to me, in the hope this would make them contact me - it is called communication. All my attempts to contact them (which had included numerous emails and phone calls have drawn a blank). If they could not do the job for whatever reason, they just need to communicate that to me, so I can make alternative arrangements, instead of leaving me hanging without a word. Stuff happens to us all and the first point of call must be to tell the customer if something cannot be done. My first duty is to meet the needs of my clients, which I am now doing at a cost from my own pocket, which I am not very pleased about, but this is business, we all have to take the rough. I have done no damage to their reputation, I made a complaint based upon information supplied, customers complain it is a fact of life, I get them with my business and I deal with them. If someone wants to complain about me and my business, I am happy to deal with it, to communicate to the customer and resolve any issues they are not happy with, be it in private or on a public forum, I can take it. If you and others don't like they way I have gone about it, you are perfectly entitled to say so and to choose if you will ever do business with me. I will not lose any sleep over it.
I just feel this is an inappropriate place to make such a post. Had you not made it seem like an off the cuff panicking rant and gone into more detail on the ways you have already tried to contact him/her then it would have gone down better and would have looked better on you.

Have you or your client paid out any money for the order? If not, then you would be completely excused if you simply went to someone else to have the work done. If you have paid out then I can understand your frustration.
Connector
I think its poor form generally to discuss private business transactions on a public forum. A simple....

"Hey, please get in touch urgently re: xyz order for print"

would have sufficed.
So when you have done that fours times and phoned six times, when would you suggest next?
PS - good luck for the London Marathon, I did it three years ago, absolutely thrilling and exhausting all at the same time, enjoy it!
TootToot, aren't you the Public Relations person that had a bit of an argument on the forums a while ago?

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
FAO Admin

Hi Admin.

I suggest this post is deleted, as it has nothing to do with starting up a business.

It would be a shame for future members to read this and get a bad impression of a company, even though in another post, toottoot says all is well.

It is past me how someone can have such little respect or time for anyone at-all, and the comments here are a waste of everyones time.

Of course, if free speech prevails, I would like to link here to a further post by toottoot which sticks up for 15pprint. (as they are a great reliable company)

http://www.shell-livewire.com/forums...&threadid=5846

cheers

Stuart
Beer Bottle Designer
Viral golf game
Closed Thread