This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Dilemma!

Hello all ,

I know lots of us have been watching and enjoying Dragon's Den!

I have obtained Duncan Bannatyne's number through a contact in the sports industry. I had been discussing a publishing project I am working on which would benefit from the expertise and investment from somebody like Mr Bannatyne.

I am always reluctant to cold call people, but at the same time dont want to miss an opportunity. Do you think he would be open to a call from me about the project and getting him to cast his eye over the business plan?

Any ideas?

G
Maven
To be honest, if I was him I would NOT want to be cold called. Is there not another way of contacting him? Maybe write a letter or send him a parcel with some info in at and request some of his precious time.

If you Fedex something to him he will have to sign for it and open it, so you guarantee he will at least see it.

If you tell him you were given his number but were reluctant to cold call, he may appreciate your consideration.

Scott
Connector
I'd think the same..

Snice the program I bet he's inundated with calls & letters.

Martin
Connector
Agreed.

When I approached a company to employ me I had director phone numbers of many in the industry and found that although they were receptive when they knew I had got the number from a close contact (like a recommendation) they were okay but I found the letter actually got me the job!

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk