This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
sub-contracting???

Hi, everyone. I would appreciate it if anyone knows where I can find a packaging company for my product (underwear). The manufacturing is handled by a foreign company. I need a company where I can ship my product to and they handle the order, packaging and mailing to the customers(ordering is via the internet.)
Thank you.
Connector
Hi,

Why dont you try surfing the net for fullfilment companies, there are loads.
I get at least two call a week offering me the services you are requesting.

Also you can try catalink.net as they have a business to business section with companies like the one you require.

Good luck
Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Maven
Couriers

Hi,

Don't Couriers offer this sort of service? it seems to fit in with what they do, Id be curious what the likes of Littlewoods/GUS catalogues use..

John Crocker

PS: elena, My wife has just recieved one of your catalogues, She likes it lots and has a couple of idea's
John Crocker
netadvances
Quality web design and hosting for Small Businesses
web: http://www.netadvances.co.uk
email: info@netadvances.co.uk
Entrepreneur
Hi,
Thank you both for your response. Since this is a new business I do not think the fulfilment companies would come in handy considering the number of orders I would be receiving initially, I do not know about the couriers, I give them a shot.
Elena, I checked out your site, nice huh?
Could you please give me some hints on how you went about dealing with your orders at the early stage of your business.
Would appreciate any useful suggestions.
Thanks
Connector
Hi,

Im still at the early stages of my business. I try to hold as much stock as possible and when an order comes through i pick it pack it, invoice it and send it out.

My stock is all computerised and i have it all arranged so i know whats where and at present thats it.

I want to do swimwear, nightwear etc and my plans are to move into a shop (when i can afford it or if any grants come through)

With regards to sending orders out i use Royal Mail no probs. If you are a wholesaler you may want to try tuffnells as there prices are very reasonable. Or how about City Link.

Hope this helps
Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Entrepreneur
Hi Elena,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I really appreciate your taking out
your time to respond.
Wish you the best in your business.
Entrepreneur
RE:COURIERS

HI

IVE JUST LOOKED AT YOUR PROBLEM YOU HAVE HAD IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

ALL THE BEST
Maven
Hi Covenant....

Hope you are keeping well?

With regards to carriers my previous exprience dictates that with Tuffnells majority of my customers have had bad probs,failed coll's damaged goods etc...dont get me wrong their prices are v.cheap but you need the service to back it up too,especially when these will be new customers to yourself...its more imperitive that the service is good from the start and stays good!

Citylink.....These are again a franchise and service and prices vary from depot to depot be careful if you chose to use any of these as they charge whats called a 3rd party collection charge for collecting goods from diff addresses other than your own company....this could end up being v.expensive!!

You need to do lots of research when chosing a carrier and when they advise you on prices check when they will be reviewed(rate increase) as the majority of carriers are offering v.cheap prices at moment but i know most of rate increases are due Jan/Feb and thats where they get you!!

This is just my experiences of these again everyones are prob diff just a word of advice to always check everything through!

Anyhow congrats in staring this up and wish you all the best....

If you require any other advice,want to discuss in more detail or req any ofmy services i would certainly be more than happy to help....You can post away or e-mail me on.....

LouiseColdwell@aol.com

Good Luck...

Lou
GLIDE LOGISTICS
Connector
If i was you i would stay completely away from Tuffnells if it can be avoided.

We used tuffnells where i used to work and there was nothing but problems every day.

There prices are lower but they are not very good in my experience

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Entrepreneur
Thanx all,
I'll keep all these in mind since, i am still trying to get the funds to start.
Cheers