This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
tshirt label

greetins ppl.....i need help!!
im in the process of starting my own tshirt label. the market im aiming for is ethnic prints of a indian nature - or aimed towards 'british asians'. at the mo i have my designs which have generated alot of interest, in the process of writing a business plan and will send a rough draft to my local business chamber then proceed to The Institute of Asian Business who will offer furthur help. im looking for high quality suppliers of tshirts like GAP,YMC,DIESEL etc

CAN ANYONE HELP....ALL I CAN FIND VIA THE NET IS POOP PROMOTIONAL QUALITY.

thx skee
Starting Out
contact

oh yeah if u have any useful info mail me @

gurdski@btinternet.com
Connector
Speak to these firms who offer **** t-shirts as they may offer a range of different quality items. If they cant then ask them if they know of anybody?

Other then that look harder - have you tried yell.com?
Connector
Skee, maybe you should try and source the actual textile importers/ manufactures, who, im sure, would make the t-shirts for you. (And cutting out the wholesalers mark up) They may however, request you order a minimum quantity. Also, where are you based? If you are towards Manchester, take a trip up to CheetHam Hill/ Bury New Rd, as you should find a few there. Also, it may be worth your while purchasing "The Trader" from your local newsagents, which is a few pounds.

Good luck
Design R Web Solutions
Connector
...or if you want to look abroad and possibly get a cheaper price try searching on www.globalsources.com.
Starting Out
tshirtssss

hey ppl thx for the info so far.
hmm **** tshirt suppliers have been no good so far at all - jus low grade at the mo.
actual importers or manufacturers maybe the best way to go... but as u say they are going to want a substantial quantity to be ordered and at the mo im not able to do tht - these ppl wont even send samples.
im based in derby/midlands so manchester maybe worth a look.

any other ideas???

cheers skee
Connector
Skee, take a look at: www.the-trader.co.uk as you should find some wholesalers there also. Maybe you can arrange a few appointments with a few wholesalers in Manchester before you drive up the M6. (Saves a wasted journey)

Regards
Design R Web Solutions
Starting Out
the-trader

Designr, thx for ur info ... checked out the-trader yesterday...no joy none of the links worked but i will check it out again 2day. wat abt printers?? and copyrights of images??

cheers skee
Connector
Hello Skee. Regarding printers, I dont know of any off hand that could help you, but try looking in the Yellow pages as you should find a few in there. As for the copyright, as long as you dont use any designs/ names from any existing businesses (whom have a copyrighted picture, layout, slogan) you should be fine.

Regards
Starting Out
copyrights

thx designr - once an image has been changed by myself it carrys/has my creative input - therefore i can copyrite it??? as long as its not a slogan/logo rip off?
So you want to design your own t-shirts?? Well, there are quite a few t-shirt suppliers in the UK. They do not have minimum orders and the quality is quite good. e-mail me at playgirluk@hotmail.com and I will give you more info.

Cheers!
Visit the following:

www.tradepartners.gov.uk
www.ukfashionexports.com
www.ralawise.com

We currently manufacture our own t-shirts using linen-jersey.

Annabel
Starting Out
Hi

We're able to offer very high quality T-shirts at a very reasonable cost. Do you just need the T-shirts and then you'll print them yourself or do you need the printing done at source.

Do you want 100% cotton T-shirts or a mix of materials?

What sort of quantities are you looking at?

We could discuss this further if you wish with regards to the specs, pricing and delivery.

We'd be happy to send you some proofs if you are interested and then we could take it further from there.

Please email me at:
kategordon4@hotmail.com

I will be happy to explain more about our business, who we are, how long we've been operating etc.

Hope this is of use

Regards

Kate Gordon

KGTraders
Starting Out
tshirts

sorry ppl its been a while...damn pc probs!

well wat have i done in the meantime?? ive done my business plan - arranging a meeting with business link for this week then onto institute of asian business. Anybody got advice for B.L??

thx

skee
If you still need t-shirts or printing...

Buy a copy of Drapers Record ( at Whsmiths). It has a list of some suppliers and printers. Or other clothing components- labels -packaging- etc...

Hope this is of use.

Ruth