This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Connector
multilingual sites>fao Actionscript; Ben;wino & hirstys

Morning..

Just looking through some earlier threads , in particular this one re multi-language website help in July :

http://www.shell-livewire.com/forums...highlight=AUTO

I've since had all my site completely prof. translated into 5 languages other than english. Each is a mirror image of the other in terms of function and content.
I've also - for sake of seo - found all relevant meta keywords in relevant langs,researched where *competitor* co's in those countries have weblinks & directory etc listings,so that i will add my site to the same places.

I've not yet started submitting my site but intend to submit to DMOZ fairly shortly. I'm a bit confused though as to how you go about submitting a multilingual website - do you have to submit to each of the language catagories ?

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.
ta,

K
---
Connector
Still no replys to this

Hiya Ken

Yes you add each to there own section, french translation to french section, german to german...

All can be found under the World category.
Connector
Hi Ken,

The customer never pursued the multi-lingual site so I couldnt really comment further, sorry.

I am intrigued what your business is though! I dont think I can recall you ever posting what you do?

Rgds,
Ben.

-----
Email/PM me for link exchanges on the above sites
Connector
Make Sure...

...that your image and page titles, etc are also translated. It has a major effect.

Thats my last tip from the UK for a week, I head off to the slopes for some serious snowboard action this weekend.

However, the rest of the A4 team are available on 0845 108 0411 or info@a4internet.com to answer any web or related queries you may have.

Jon and Stuart have both been briefed that livewire residents may be in touch and they will farm your queries out to the rest of the team accordingly if required.

Have a good week.

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com
Connector
thanks for that everyone
Maven
Hi Ken,

My client never went ahead with the multi-lingual website, we where not responsible for the actual search engine submission etc, as the client wanted guaranteed results, which we couldnt achieve!

Will have a look for info for you, guess its a bit of individual submission work to relevant sections,but guess as you have already translated the site, and meta's etc (also title's?) then I would expect the site to get eventually picked up anyway because of this.