This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Sales Letters

Hi Everyone,

I was just wandering if there was a service of some sort where people write sales letters for companies and businesses for a fee. Could anyone let me know as soon as possible?

Thanks
Connector
I could do it but I am not sure how long it would take me to understand your business which I would need to do in order to write a good letter.

You could email me a rough idea and I will see if I can come up with anything.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
I think the sales letters are best written by yourself as you know your business better then anyone else. However, I would recommend that you compose a draft letter noting down your main selling points and then get someone else who is good at sales to help you come with the final text.

Good luck,
A.R
Connector
Let me get this right:

1) In an earlier post you asked what were hot products that were high in demand and easily sellable

2) In another earlier post you asked how to import them into the country

3) In this post you are asking if anyine can write sales letters to sell them?

Are you sure this is the right thing for you to be doing? I mean, how are you going to make the difference and make this business a success if you need to ask for the answers at every stage?

Clem.
Entrepreneur
As other people have said, sales letters should only really be written by someone who really understands your business, what you're trying to sell and what kind of messages you want to put across while you do it. Without all of that background, you end up with a generic sales letter which can do more harm to your reputation than good.

If you have a product to sell, you need to decide who your target market are, how you want to sell to them, what your key messages are etc. If you're at that stage, I could help you put together a letter or wider campaign- feel free to drop me a line.

copywriting, ghostwriting & design
Entrepreneur
Hi,

I received an email from someone who writes sales letters, so hopefully you may find them of interest.

The website is www.saleslettersthatsell.co.uk

Hope that helps...

Dan
Maven
I've just got the Prince's Trust and as part of the deal you have to attend courses on these types of things. They also handed out booklets on sales and marketing and letter templates. They are quite basic, but seemingly effective. If you would like a photocopy PM me your postal address and I'll send it out to you. If I'm feeling really nice, I might type it out for you.

And Clem, please don't be too hard on the chappie, at least he's trying, most people just go to work everyday and grow grey (not just the hair) in the process.

Rachel

http://habacus.com
Click here to email me
Connector
Rachel,

I know what you mean and didn't mean to be too harsh.

I just don't want people to think things are easy and then go and lose a lot of money when they aren't ready for running and establishing a business.

Best of luck to him though.

Clem.
Connector
Copywriting is usually best done by the professionals - those people who are gifted in copywriting, those who know what words will make people change their mood, want to find out more about you etc etc. Unless you're lucky, it is not something you will readily fall into. There are certain rules you cango by but it is obvious most of the time when someone is being formulaic.

I could do it for you but it would take time - is this something you have time and resources to do? I would suggest you work as hard as possible at sorting out other marketing aspects before employing someone as a cost.

marketeer@lycos.co.uk
Connector
And best of luck Hot Igloo regarding your kidney transplant - I really do hope all goes well for you.

One word of criticism I would raise (how harsh to a man going through such an ordeal!) is that the standard of writing on your website needs to improve. I don't say this to denigrate, I just know from experience that what is there needs properly overhauling otherwise it will work against you. I suggest reading some Andy Owen articles on his website (type his name into Google and you'll find him). I really want to see such endeavour pay off but as a marketing professional I woudl say that it is the writing that is letting you down.

And I have posted here rather than a personal because I think that if people read the story of Terry then they too would agree with me that he is a quite remarkable character to even think of doing what he is doing. (And I don't even know him!) And also, it is a piece of advice to people that you need to make sure you get the best product compared to your competitiors, not just what you can produce.

Click here to read the story:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb186692.htm

Again, best of luck!

marketeer@lycos.co.uk
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Marketeer

marketeer@lycos.co.uk
Lycos address because I don't want you emailing me on my proper address!
Piece of advice to you: if you want someone to take you seriously, but a domain name and some hosting.

What are you trying to hide?
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard.H
Piece of advice to you: if you want someone to take you seriously, but a domain name and some hosting.

What are you trying to hide?
Looks like the Marketeer is getting a lesson on marketing

Gota say mate that one line doesn't inspire confidence.

Martin
Entrepreneur
Well, thanks for that, marketeer.

I'm going to be completely honest here and say that I really don't know whether you're genuinely trying to be helpful, or whether you're just trying to rubbish the competition.

I think part of the problem I have in taking your comments seriously is that I have no idea who you are. This isn't like a "normal" internet forum where people hide behind an anonymous handle; the people here are all business people, who can be clearly identified by their businesses. You, on the other hand are an anonymous poster who CLAIMS to be a "marketing professional". I have no way of verifying this because you don't even give your "real" email address, let alone details of your business or credentials.

On this particular post, although you have clearly gone to some trouble to Google our business (and thank you for posting the press release - and for your good wishes) I am concerned that by posting this publicly you're also going out of your way to criticise it. Please bear in mind that I didn't post here asking for advice; I simply responded to a question, and your response to that comes across as "oh, don't trust this person's advice because I'm telling you not to". I can't help but wonder what your motive is?

If you are genuinely trying to help us, I think I'd feel more comfortable about accepting your advice in the spirit in which it's intended if you were to email me privately with it rather than making vague criticisms on a public forum. (And I promise not to ask for your "real" address to respond!)

Although I didn't post here looking for criticism, advice is always welcome, although I would have to say to you that it's not very helpful to say to someone, "I don't like the writing on your website, here, look at a few dozen articles on marketing and try and work out the problem for yourself." If you'd like to tell me what, specifically, you feel the problem is with my writing, (and if you can prove your credentials as someone whose advice I should take seriously) I would, of course be interested, and would be happy to take your comments on board.

p.s. Just to set the record straight, I'm not Terry, I'm Amber, the other half of Hot Igloo.

Entrepreneur
p.s. again!

Apologies to the original poster for the hijack!