This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Any Other mobile Dj's??

hi i am new and was wonderin if there is any other mobile DJ's out there 2 chat to.

Mikey.
Connector
I used to own in partnership a mobile disco business a few years ago which was a big success but had to sell it to go to uni. Still dabble in DJing at my local pub when I come home though (last saturday for instance )

Feel free to ask me any questions. Email is phil@TAKETHISOUTnetinspired.co.uk

(remember to take out the capital letters from the above address)

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Starting Out
yer, i was in partnership with my half-brother but he was a tit, dnt get me wrong he is a fantastic DJ but, his whole attitude was awful.
anyway, i started to set up on my own and all is going well, just had my first gig with my new gear lastnite and it was FANTASTIC. probably the best disco iv had yet, i just got my lights lastnight 2 "datamoons" Ohh my god they are brilliant.

mike
Connector
Well done. That was another reason I pulled out of the business, my partner had the wrong attitude too and it just got to the point where I just had enough of fixing his mistakes or chasing him up.

I considered going it on my own and even offered to buy him out of the business, but then I got a job DJing in a couple of pubs friday and saturday night so ended up selling my share to one of his friends.

We loved getting new equipment that we'd basically drool over, especially in the early days.

One day I might take it all up again, perhaps on a larger scale kind of setup. Something like where I act as the back end management for other companies and gradually build up and buy other mobile disco companies as I go. Ahhh the future...

Kep up the good work and don't hesitate to email me if you want a hand or would like to chat about anything. Where about are you based by the way? We were in a small town in the scottish borders of only 2500. Was still plenty of custom though as we had no competition within a 20 mile radius of the town.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Starting Out
i am in merseyside area and there is alot of competion here but i dnt think i will have anything to worry about because 80% of them would't know what a speakon to jack was (haha) and the rest hav the same attitude as my brother, also very unreliable.
so this is also why i decided to go into this business because in this area there is a MASSIVE shortage of good honest people, so i wish to run a well presented, reliable, polite service.

i am also different because i understand the technical side of it aswell as the musical and "mic chat" side.
the mistakes MOST people and DJ's make is judging speakers by there wattage, i look at everything like :-

S.P.L.
R.M.S.
magnet weight
voice coil
Bass response
ect ect
and weigh up the pros' and cons' by that

in all, i dont think im doing to bad for a 16 yr old

thanks for the offer of help, i will remember it but i think i know everything that is a main requirement and anything else i can get help with but thanks, i know you there as another life line

mike.

ps. just got a new toys (lighting) a laser and a "tomahawk"
the tomahawk is brilliant for £100.