This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
Hosting

Does anybody have hosting with 123-reg.co.uk? and are they any good?
Im currently with wanadoo and I am re-directing to my webpage held with them, obviously this doesnt look very professional and I think its time to make the move, other than this is there any other benefits of proper hosting.
Just one more thing is 1500 MB data transfer (bandwidth) per month a good amount?

Thanks for all your help.

Damon
Connector
I would recommend having a word with Phil from Openmind for hosting:

http://www.openmindhosting.com/

He's on the Shell forums alot and may be able to sort something good out for you!

I'm not lazy. I just can't be arsed to do pointless things.

- syIT Amazon Tools - Increase your Amazon Associates revenue using webservices without the hassle.
- HotSpotter - UK Wireless Networking Portal
- Jam Shop - Buy quality preserves and marmalades
- Audiologue.com - Online HiFi and Home Cinema Shop

Connector
Whether 1.5gb of bandwidth is good depends on what you're paying. For most brochure sites attracting a few thousand visitors a week this is plenty, but if you're attracting tens of thousands of visitors you may well struggle.

Unless you are streaming audio/video or hosting large files it is unlikely you will go above this amount, but it does no harm to look for somewhere that offers a little more bandwidth.

HTH

Steve
Maven
Hello;

I own a host which offers free and paid services.

You may like to take a look at our forums here http://www.usavio.com/forums/

You can see we have over 400 members and we are growing by the day.

We believe everyone is different and therefore has a personal preference to what they need when considering a host.

You are more then welcome to email sales@ usavio.com (no spaces) for a quote.

Thanks and i hope we hear from you and hopefully others soon
Connector
I can offer a professional hosting service tailored to your needs. If interested then please drop me an email from the contact page of my site.

Regards,
Phil

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Connector
Hi Damon,

I'd be happy to help you out. 1.5GB of badwidth is a fair old amount and, as has been mentioned, unless you're serving up large images or music/video files then you're unlikely to exceed this.

Swhiting hit the nail on the head as I do have a cracking offer on that the moment but I don't want to spam the forum so drop me an email to info @ openmindmedia.co.uk (no spaces) and I'm sure I can do something for you!
Connector
I've not got hosting with 123-Reg, but use them as my domain registrar and they've always been good, so I can't see any problems.

For some hosting suggestions, take a look at: www.88template.co.uk/resources.html

1.5Gb (1500Mb) is a nice amount, but it depends on what you're offering, as said. Images, downloads and music will chew through that in no time, but for a mainly text-based site, no problems, and for most business sites, again, no problems.

88template.co.uk - the easiest way to get a professional looking web site, cheap

List Books - Buy and sell your second-hand books commission free.
Connector
Quote:
I'd be happy to help you out. 1.5GB of badwidth is a fair old amount and, as has been mentioned, unless you're serving up large images or music/video files then you're unlikely to exceed this.
just as a measure I manage a site that has about 3500 visitors a month and it uses 2GB roughly - though i does carry a lot of pictures
Connector
www.donhost.co.uk is the best I have found to date.

They may not be the cheapest and dont even compare to prices of servers hosted over in the US.

But they are a company which are well established, offer excellent support, and are not going to run off just as you have finished setting your site up on their server.
switchmedia.co.uk are fantasitc. Thats all I can say